Citrusoak!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi..

During the comp the citrusoak mixed with water (and clearly labelled what is was) was removed from a competitors table and told they were not allowed to use it because it contained oils.

My question is, if this is so, why it is ok to use to clean the nail after using cuticle remover?

Mind is boggling...doesnt take a lot!...lol

From memory its used as a neutriliser for the ph level of the cuticle remover rather than a cleanser. :green:

Probably the same reason I had baby wipes swiped off the desk last September! Anything "slippery" is banned as it can hide flaws.........but surely a good judge can see past this........

hiya x

if i have understood your question right...you are asking why the comps say its not allowed...and if so why is it ok to use after cuticle remover when we work on clients....

well the comps are not saying its not allowed cos of it not being right/safe to use during your service...they say its not allowed cos of the oil factor and they think this could then be used to help with getting your high shine at the end....they want you to be able to do this without the aid of oil...ie the hard way....lol...have i explained that ok...hope so...lol xxx

I was thinking more along the lines of putting a product containing oils on to the nail bed before applying L&p! But then again we would scrubfresh which would clean it off..i'm tired!...lol

I didnt realise it did contain oils..too lazy to check at the mo so i thought id post and ask..x

if it contains anything like aloe vera / lanolin or other skin conditioners
they wont allow it
i was able to use my lemon tea tree soak at gmex but nt at the weekend

like a bit of cleansing soak can make up for a manicure!?

Mmm...just had a look and to be honest i couldn't tell ya if any of those ingredients listed where oils or not....but yeah i see what your saying babes xx

I know that a lot of people have used citrusoak and water in that past, generally to clean the nails of dust etc....and maybe to rehydrate the skin a little lol....the floor judging was really strict this time and many water bottles were confiscated (mine included)...they were spraying ancd checking for soapy substances.

I knew about citrus soak but must say I was surprised to be told I couldnt use my cuticle eraser, so chucked it in my box fast. :eek:

rules, regulations and prodcuts change year in , year out, they should really inform you beforehand what is and isnt allowed as often you dont realise products contain oil, in all reality, a judge should be able to see through the cover-up that oils can do.
However if you're gonna compete, you should practise without oils to get the desired effect

Cuticle remover was also not allowed on the table this time

Latest posts

Back