City & Guilds Nail Technology Certificate Level 2 versus CND Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misscharissa

Reaction score
Hi :)

After much research and careful deliberation I have decided to take the leap and train to be a Nail Technician.
I'm just so confused as to how to train! (I'll be working full time alongside training)

I've read a lot of forums and know that a lot of nail technicians say training with CND is the best training there is. But after looking at the courses, the Shellac course only last 2 days and the liquid & powder 6 days for beginners, is this really enough time to learn everything you need to know?

Then there is the City & Guilds Nail Technology Certificate Level 2 (evenings, 24 weeks) course that I have been looking at, is it best to have a qualification like this? And will this allow me more time to learn everything I need to know?

So from this I thought, would it be best to gain the nail technology certificate then go onto CND conversion courses. Although costly, would this be the best path? Or do you guys think its a waste of money?

I'd love to hear any advice you guys may have, and sorry for the long post!

Hi I did my training elsewhere so I may not be much help but from what I have learnt from reading things on here I think it depends on what you want to do after. Works from home? Mobile? Salon? Many people say most salons look for nvq training and CND is good if u want to work for yourself! Hth xx

Hi I did my training elsewhere so I may not be much help but from what I have learnt from reading things on here I think it depends on what you want to do after. Works from home? Mobile? Salon? Many people say most salons look for nvq training and CND is good if u want to work for yourself! Hth xx
Hi Jodie,
Ideally I would like to work for myself in the end but I guess I think about the experience of working in a salon beforehand.. But I don't know whether I would go down this route and instead just go straight to working for myself. Thanks for your advice, it's given me more information to be able to help me make a decision! :)

Hi I did city and guilds nvq in nail technology 5 years ago And I am glad I took that route personally but it is what would work best for you.
As has already been mentioned it would be better to have the nvq if you would like to work in a salon But either would be good if working for yourself :)

Hi I did city and guilds nvq in nail technology 5 years ago And I am glad I took that route personally but it is what would work best for you.
As has already been mentioned it would be better to have the nvq if you would like to work in a salon But either would be good if working for yourself :)

Hi Beki,

Thanks for the advice! To be honest I think I am swaying more towards the City & Guilds also.. I'd love it if you could you tell me a little bit about your experience? Im trying to find more information on the course at the moment and I think I'm going to apply for it soon! It doesn't start until October, I am dying to get stuck in!

Hi Jodie,
Ideally I would like to work for myself in the end but I guess I think about the experience of working in a salon beforehand.. But I don't know whether I would go down this route and instead just go straight to working for myself. Thanks for your advice, it's given me more information to be able to help me make a decision! :)
Glad i could help good luck with which ever route u choose!!:) x

Latest posts

Back