CJP acrylic or?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUA

Reaction score
polygel? I trained in nails 9 years ago and I really need to get back into them as clients keep requesting it. Do I train in the new polygel (is it worth it???)

Or do I invest in some training and buy into cjp acrylic.

What's the most popular and has the nicest finish?

Are people still using polygel?

Polygel and the gel hybrids are still really new so the uptake is still only just happening. We're not seeing big numbers of posts about it other than those asking about it. I'm waiting on the troubleshooting questions to start to see what issues arise.

The proper Gellish polygel is very expensive, CJP is extremely reasonable and in my view an excellent product, on those two points alone I'd go with the CJP. If you need training on L&P, then you'll need training on Polygel too. Personally I think if you can master L&P you can easily switch to gel/polygel but the other way is more difficult

Polygel and the gel hybrids are still really new so the uptake is still only just happening. We're not seeing big numbers of posts about it other than those asking about it. I'm waiting on the troubleshooting questions to start to see what issues arise.

The proper Gellish polygel is very expensive, CJP is extremely reasonable and in my view an excellent product, on those two points alone I'd go with the CJP. If you need training on L&P, then you'll need training on Polygel too. Personally I think if you can master L&P you can easily switch to gel/polygel but the other way is more difficult
Aw thank you so much for replying. I think judging by its reputation I'm going to invest in CJP and get some refresher training. Is there a certain size acrylic brush you would recomend for a beginner please? Thanks again :) x

I think from what I was told you go with a smaller brush for a beginner, then as you get better you can get a bigger brush. I started with and still on size 6 so far x

I have a few CJP brushes and find them quite small, I wouldn't go smaller than an 8

I will also be training in gel extentions soon. Where can you get the different colours from as i only have the basic 3 that come in my kit.

I will also be training in gel extentions soon. Where can you get the different colours from as i only have the basic 3 that come in my kit.
What brand are you using?

Hey I will be training with Gellux

Hey I will be training with Gellux
So you might be able to order from their website, or look at Sally’s and capital. You should be able to register as a student if you take in your contract. All I would say is see how you get on with them, I’ve spent loads on kit and don’t like some of the stuff I’ve bought so I’ve wasted loads of money x

Oh no. What would you recommended ?

Oh no. What would you recommended ?
I couldn’t honestly recommend anything at the moment as I’m trying to find a new gel. I’ve used pronto and nsi secrets led gel and haven’t got on with either of them. I’ve just bought the trial kit for ink London but I haven’t tried it yet. I bought loads of pots of the secrets gel and also bought loads of the nsi acrylic powder and now I’m changing it all, including my entire gel polish collection. It’s definitly worth just using the trial kits until you’ve found one you really like x

I have seen some trial pots which I might try. Thanks for the advice. X

Honestly I would highly consider Gelish polygel I have been using it from it launched last year and it has completely took over our salon the nail techs and clients LOVE IT. It’s much easier to apply and use than acrylic, it’s also much much quicker to do we can do 2 sets of polygel in almost the same time as we do 1 set of acrylic, yes polygel is more expensive but once you get your product amount right your flying, if you trained 9 years ago you will need a refresher course anyway and Gelish offer free training with the kit so it’s definitely a win win for me, however I personally think you can do slightly more with acrylic than you can with polygel eg. (3D nail art & coloured ombré, I also prefer encapsulateing in acrylic rather than PG but these things comes with practice anyway so it’s completely up to you xx

Sorry to jump in on this topic but can you tell me, does Polygel smell? I have previously trained in l & p but couldn’t stomach the smell. Thanks in advance

Sorry to jump in on this topic but can you tell me, does Polygel smell? I have previously trained in l & p but couldn’t stomach the smell. Thanks in advance
there is no smell from the product at all . However the slip solution has a very very mild watermelon smell to it but you can only smell it if your up really close to it. But it is nothing at all like the smell of L&P xx

I offer polygel and acrylic but I still feel acrylic is most popular as everyone knows acrylic and you can do so much with it! X

there is no smell from the product at all . However the slip solution has a very very mild watermelon smell to it but you can only smell it if your up really close to it. But it is nothing at all like the smell of L&P xx

That’s great news thank you [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back