CJP master and beginners comparison

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty969

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm wondering if anyone has tried both the master and beginners cjp kits to understand the difference. I really want to try their acrylic system but they've sold out of the beginners kit and have been for a while. It also concerns me that if the monomer sells out so quick would I always be able to get stock. I know I could just stock up when it comes in but if we're all doing this we could still have problems.

I recently emailed cjp to see when the beginners kit would come back in and they've said mid December the monomer is due in, can I really wait this long to try it, hummmm. They have informed me there's not much difference but I'm fairly newly qualified and don't want to be out of my depth with what sounds like an amazing product.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance

Bumping, would like to know this too!

I haven't been qualified long and I got the duo trial set. Been using the beginners one till it run out then thought would try the master one and to be honest I think I prefer the master one between the two. It files like a dream!!! And isn't that fast setting as you think it's going to be. I love cjp. They have so much to choose from too and lovely colours. Give it ago you won't be disappointed. Also maybe join the group on Facebook they are amazing and videos are really helpful. Also if you need help post on there and you will have so much help and guidance!!!

I haven't been qualified long and I got the duo trial set. Been using the beginners one till it run out then thought would try the master one and to be honest I think I prefer the master one between the two. It files like a dream!!! And isn't that fast setting as you think it's going to be. I love cjp. They have so much to choose from too and lovely colours. Give it ago you won't be disappointed. Also maybe join the group on Facebook they are amazing and videos are really helpful. Also if you need help post on there and you will have so much help and guidance!!!

How is the odour of the monomer? I know they're all going to have a smell, but just wondering how strong it is? I've only ever used one system so far as I've not long qualified in acrylics, so I don't know if they're all the same lol.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, in my naivety I purchase nsi and it's really not for me so I've recently tried cnd and really like it but just can help myself in wondering if cjp might be easier to work with. Thank you for your advice I think I will just bite the bullet and order the master. I intended on doing the same as you and trying both but the kit isn't available. I love the colour choice and the things I have seen done so far with it are amazing.

I will join the Facebook group too. Thank you again x

No problem. The odour Is the same as the others I think! I too have only tried one other acrylic system and can only say from that the odour is the same. Kirsty969 - I would just bite the bullet I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It a great system, but like everything it's just practice practice. Thing I found with cjp is that it is a dream to file. Made my life a lot easier as only just qualified. Let me know how you get on! X

Hi Geeks

I'm wondering if anyone has tried both the master and beginners cjp kits to understand the difference. I really want to try their acrylic system but they've sold out of the beginners kit and have been for a while. It also concerns me that if the monomer sells out so quick would I always be able to get stock. I know I could just stock up when it comes in but if we're all doing this we could still have problems.

I recently emailed cjp to see when the beginners kit would come back in and they've said mid December the monomer is due in, can I really wait this long to try it, hummmm. They have informed me there's not much difference but I'm fairly newly qualified and don't want to be out of my depth with what sounds like an amazing product.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance
It's back in stock :) yipeeee. Very fast delivery too x

I find the CJP monomer smells less than Nsi which I previously used.
The master system sets quicker however you still have time to work with it.

Thank you everyone for replying to me I ended up ordering the master kit as I couldn't wait any longer. It came over the weekend but I haven't had time to play yet however, after opening it yesterday I've just ordered a brush and some more colours today as there were some glitter colours I wanted to try too. Has anyone used the gel topcoat? Would my cnd uv lamp be OK to use to cure this as I don't really want to order a led lamp until I've tried it x

I too ordered the sample master set.... just to try.... i have to say... i am amazed at the smoothness of this acrylic . .. im not very good at acrylic but this has given me so much confidence... thankyou for posting in the first place . ...
I have upliaded a picture so you can see how smooth it is... this nail i did on me had minimal filing after application.... i cant believe it.... ok i know i need to practice more ... but... its brilliant....x

Attachments

• 2016-12-12 14.46.39.jpg
    2016-12-12 14.46.39.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 181
I have nearly every colour of cjp acrylic and love it... You can use either monomer with all the owners and even if you get the master it's not as quick setting as you may think so don't worry. The set in pic is all cjp. I have used over the years nsi (allergic to it now) CND and acrylink and have to say tho their others are good cjp wins for me

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 95
I have nearly every colour of cjp acrylic and love it... You can use either monomer with all the owners and even if you get the master it's not as quick setting as you may think so don't worry. The set in pic is all cjp. I have used over the years nsi (allergic to it now) CND and acrylink and have to say tho their others are good cjp wins for me
These are beautiful, I'm hoping in time and with many many many hours of practice I can start creating nails too. I've joined the cjp Facebook group and I've found it very useful. There was a live feed today by a lady called Kim and her nails amaze me. It seems like an amazing product and colour wise you cannot get any better than there selection. I can't wait to try it out.

I'm going to order the master set tonight, I'm so excited, it sounds brilliant!

Has anyone tried the gel topcoat? If so which one and would a cnd uv lamp be good enough to cure while I trial? Thanks x

These are beautiful, I'm hoping in time and with many many many hours of practice I can start creating nails too. I've joined the cjp Facebook group and I've found it very useful. There was a live feed today by a lady called Kim and her nails amaze me. It seems like an amazing product and colour wise you cannot get any better than there selection. I can't wait to try it out.

Yep I'm on there as Amanda Graves and Kim's lovely and her nails are fabulous

I couldn't do 3D or much acrylic nail art until I converted to cjp. I qualified a year and a half ago and used Nsi until a few months back when I tried cjp.
I've still a long way to go but couldn't do anything like these pics beforehand.
I rarely do gel polishes now and the majority of my clients get only acrylic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481575149.061849.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481575198.462686.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481575288.885344.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481575392.676122.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481575528.817982.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481575620.661544.jpg

Wow... they are all brilliant....x

How many sets do you tend to get out of the coloured 10g pots? Thinking of giving a few of the colours a try they are stunning x

I'm really interested in buying CJP too and my only question is removal? Is it the same as other acrylic brands? What's your removal procedure & how long does it take? Xx

Having almost used up the 2 sample kits I bought I have just placed a proper order now with CJP and they are now my new brand of choice and in my 13 years in the industry, I've tried quite a few! I've ordered the Master monomer as I prefer the faster setting.

Vickychicky removal seems much the same as any other brand, maybe a little quicker if anything

Latest posts

Back