SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieL3321

Reaction score
I’m really feeling disheartened today! I spent all my savings to do my training and trained with some of the best and supportive companies and now there’s a girl that’s claiming to do LVL lashes for £15 when I’m charge the recommended price (£35.50), I feel like I’m losing customers from this. I know the girl and asked what she uses and admitted using Salon Systems and not LVL at all, any advice about what I could do would be much appreciated!!!

Unfortunately a big part of our industry these days. People will pay for quality and service, they may try cheaper but they always return in my opinion xxx

Have you told LVL?
They could take up the issue?

If you always worry about what others are doing you'll drive yourself mad. There is always someone cheaper but these aren't your competitors :)

Definitely contact LVL. I went for. ‘Dermalogica ‘ facial and they used Kaeso products, which I immediately recognised! I contacted Dermalogica and they visited the salon, the salon was told that they couldn’t use their name with the threat of legal action if they continued. Hope that helps x

I’m really feeling disheartened today! I spent all my savings to do my training and trained with some of the best and supportive companies and now there’s a girl that’s claiming to do LVL lashes for £15 when I’m charge the recommended price (£35.50), I feel like I’m losing customers from this. I know the girl and asked what she uses and admitted using Salon Systems and not LVL at all, any advice about what I could do would be much appreciated!!!

LOL that girl is an idiot then. Don’t worry about her.

I use salon system and my clients and I LOVE it. But no way would i charge £15. It’s an £8.50 basic cost per service for lash lifting. I’m talking absolute minimum, if I was to count my couch roll and cotton pads, use the exact same ml on each person. She’s making barely £6.50 an hour, she may as well work for free.

This happened to me once with HD Brows... one of my clients who was a therapist used to copy literally every treatment I did. I’d paid over the odds for my HD brow course, yet she was offering it for half the price but not actually trained. I told HD Brows knowing they take it very seriously. Next thing she comes in and tells me HD Brows have been in touch trying to persuade her to do their training!!
I don’t bother telling them now, due to the fact they were not helping me or my business in any way!

Definitely contact LVL. I went for. ‘Dermalogica ‘ facial and they used Kaeso products, which I immediately recognised! I contacted Dermalogica and they visited the salon, the salon was told that they couldn’t use their name with the threat of legal action if they continued. Hope that helps x

Hey, sorry to jump on this thread!
How did you go about contacting them? There’s a salon in my area claiming to do LVL but they even showed a video of them using salon system products ‍♀️ Very frustrating x

Latest posts

Back