Clammy hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Chick

Reaction score
Did a set of sculptures this morning - unfortunately the lady had very clammy hands and no matter how I tried I couldn't get the disposable forms to stick to her fingers!! She had hardly any free edge and was definite that she wanted sculptures and not tips.:eek: Eventually I did manage to sculpt using the reusable forms but it wasn't easy - took me 3 hours in all!!!

Never thought that clammy hands would be something to check on beforehand.

where you applying all 10 forms to fingers and then applying product?

I used to do this but have now changed to doing one at a time, maybe this would help in future.

well done though ic persevering

No - was doing them individually and by the time I'd got the sculpting gel and silk in place the form had pinged off from each side so I had to start again.

In the end I had to virtually jab the reuseable form under what teeny bit of free edge there was and hold in all in place while applying gel etc - then pray it would all come out of the UV lamp generally where I needed it. Then loads and loads of buffing to get the right shape.

I really earned my money lol!!

Try using the excess sticky bit from the disposable form (unless your using the horse shoe ones) to secure the form in place. Might sound a silly question but was your house very warm or just the client?

I'm not sure if this would work but what about if you used the circle that you push out of the middle of the form to hold the flaps tight under the finger.

Do you know what i mean?

I had a girl once and her hands were so wet I couldn't get a form to stick and I had a hard time holding on to her finger. I ended up using tips. I thought to myself that her nails wouldn't stay on if she was so moist, turns out she was an excellent client went 5 weeks between in-fills and rarely broke a nail (not that I condone this, she travelled a long way to see me). I must admit I dreaded doing her, I even had to change towels under her hands half way cause she was sweating so much. I felt sorry for her, but I think it may have been a nervous thing too cause she seemed to get better with each visit. Hopefully things will turn out similar for your lady.

louge said:
Try using the excess sticky bit from the disposable form (unless your using the horse shoe ones) to secure the form in place. Might sound a silly question but was your house very warm or just the client?

They are the horseshoe ones. She had quite slender fingers but the forms weren't quite big enough to wrap all the way around her finger and stick to themselves underneath - if you get what I mean.

I try not to keep my room too warm otherwise I get too hot and bothered. I think it was just her as her hands kept sticking to my paper desk towel.

If this happens again I might try wiping each finger with sanitising solution before starting - although I'll need to be careful that that's dried before trying to stick the form. Or I could maybe use the disposable forms on top of the reusable form if there's not enough free edge.

Why do clients never come with lovely long nail beds, enough free edge and no cuticle build-up???:lol: :lol:

If a client had a lovely long nail bed, enough free edge and no cuticle build up would they really ask us for enhancements?

I have two friends with nails like this, they've never been near a salon.

Pixi

I have a client, whose hands are always clammy and cold. she is my work client as whenit comes for her 2 week rebalance nearly all the nails have problems with product serparation.

She is the only client with this prob as i have many client who only need to come every 3 weeks, has anyone else noticed the clammy clients having this problem too? im beginning to think she is a picker...

Latest posts

Back