Quantcast

Clarifying shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

jbrunner14

Reaction score
I'm wondering what everyone uses for clarifying shampoo's. My favorite was always ABBA Molasses purifier, it seemed to remove buildup, even iron and was very gentle on the hair. I would like to find another that works as well and does not dry hair out terribly. I live in a very hard water area, so have a few clients that have a build up. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
You might need a chelating shampoo rather than a clarifier if it’s particularly bad although, they will naturally strip any oils too as that’s what they’re designed to do. So shampoo then use a good quality mask afterwards.

I've always liked Joico clarifying shampoo or Paul Michell Three clarifying shampoo, which is equally as good.

jbrunner14

Reaction score
Thank you I was actually looking at both of those on Cosmoprof was going to pick one up today, which one do you like better? I use Olaplex and mostly ammonia free color in the salon so all of my clients have pretty healthy hair just want a good clarifier, and yes you are correct chelator. Thanks for your input!

ronray

Reaction score
Wow dream filter works well

jbrunner14

Reaction score
Thanks, that stuff looks pretty sweet! Going to give it a try as well!

Latest posts