Clarins job interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanessaB

Reaction score
Hey there!
Ive just had a telephone interview with Clarins and they've invited me back for a face to face next week. Id love to clear a few things up if anyone can help?

My questions are as follows

1. Will they ask me to sell a pen or something at the interview?
2. What sort of questions do they ask especially in regards to sales techniques if any?
3. Is the product allocation the same for part time staff and what is it? (i don't want to ask that at the interview!!)
4. She mentioned that I might have to do a quick stint on the counter - any tips for that as Ive had no sales training!
5. The counter is in the House of Fraser so whats the next step after this bit if I get through?
6. Whats the pay like?
7. Anything else that might be useful?

Im very nervous as its my first interview in 15 years plus!!
I know its a long list but really - ANYTHING - that might help would be great. I would like to have a real chance at this job.

Thank you
Vanessa x

Hey there!
Ive just had a telephone interview with Clarins and they've invited me back for a face to face next week. Id love to clear a few things up if anyone can help?

My questions are as follows

2. What sort of questions do they ask especially in regards to sales techniques if any?
3. Is the product allocation the same for part time staff and what is it? (i don't want to ask that at the interview!!)
4. She mentioned that I might have to do a quick stint on the counter - any tips for that as Ive had no sales training!
5. The counter is in the House of Fraser so whats the next step after this bit if I get through?
6. Whats the pay like?

Im very nervous as its my first interview in 15 years plus!!
I know its a long list but really - ANYTHING - that might help would be great. I would like to have a real chance at this job.

Thank you
Vanessa x
Hi Vanessa. I can answer a few of your questions for you!

Firstly don't be nervous!! Relax & be yourself!
As far as I can remember your not expected to sit there & role play a selling technique, Clarins give excellent training for this.
They will ask questions like "what can you bring to the team" "why you want the job" they will probs ask you about any previous experience. They like to hear about past experiences and ask you things like "what would you do in this scenario...."
There is (or used to be) a maths test but don't worry it's not back to school it's simply to check you can use a calculator to work out small sums.
The product allocation is different for full time & part time staff, ask in your interview though they will defiantly tell you! Its usually 6 skin care products & 2 make up products for full time staff & 3 skin care & 1 make up for part time.
Iv never heard that you have to do time on the counter. It if you do just be really friendly & welcoming to the customers. I can't see this happening though????? :-/
If you get through the Clarins interview you'll need to be approved by the House Of Fraiser department manager do will be a small meeting with him/her.
Pay is different in areas so can't help you on that one!
Just be yourself, relax & be chatty!! Sell yourself & big yourself up!!!!

Good luck
When is your interview & which House Of Fraiser?
JoJo xx

Hi Jojo,

Thank you so much for your reply. My interview is on Thursday and its the Plymouth House of Fraser.
I am really nervous but I know that I wouldn't be normal otherwise! I guess Ive always fancied a job working for Clarins and Im excited that it could lead to a much better job in time.
I will remember everything you've said and have a few practises I think!

Vanessa
x

Does anyone know how long it takes for clarins to get back to one you make an application on line? Jxxx

I wasn't! :)
Lots of scenario questions, Have you ever.... What would you do if ... How would you upsell.... etc
Full time = 6 skin + 2 colour Part time = 3 skin + 1 colour Both are every 2 months
I had to meet the staff on counter purely so they could give feedback on me as a person, not for sales or knowledge.
Job offer or rejection! I heard back within 2 days via a phone call offering me the position.
6. Whats the pay like?
Part timer will probably be minimum wage but the perks are good lol
Make sure you look the part, Clarins goes for classic style and pristine appearance. Be very friendly. Have lots of ideas for selling, up-selling and product linking.

Remember, on counter all Clarins are interested in are sales, they will train you up in skincare and make up. Stress that you enjoy selling, can work to targets and exceed them, and are a good team member.

I enjoyed working for them and they generally treat their staff well.

Good luck!!!

Hi Vanessa!
Feel that I can help a bit here as I attended a similar interview before they will take you in explain their expectations ask you some questions about what you think makes you the best candidate and show you what the process is for their make up application and then they will take you onto the shop floor! At this point they take you through a process called traffic stopping where you have to go and approach passing customers and presuade them to have a make up application done by yourself! So make sure you have comfortable shoes on so you can go for a walkabout and a smiley face so your not afraid to approach people.
You may find this is a group interview so just make sure you are participating and making your voice heard but the traffic stopping skills are most important as they are impulse add on sales for the counter! Even if they ask you how you think you could increase sales use traffic stopping as an example
Sorry this post is soo long hope it helps and good luck let us know how you get on :)

Hi Vanessa

Just to wish you the very best of luck. I work for Clarins and I can promise you I love it! They really look after you and the training is unbelievable, every second has been amazing. I'm at House of Fraser too, you'll have store approvalwith the store manager once Clarins accept you but this is just so the manager get to know who Clarins are sending to them and that they approve too!
fIngers and toes crossed for you :p

Lucy

I work for Clarins Bham and we did interviews today. The counter part is basic. They will ask you to traffic stop customers, which is just you approaching shoppers asking if they wish to try a product. They want to see you engage with customers and interact. There will be a Clarins girl nearby to answer any of the customers questions should you need assistance. Its a newish concept I think but lasts around 15-20mins or so usually.

Will ask why Clarins-research the company (ie. its a family run business), scenario questions such as when you have done somthing outsatnding or exceeeded expectations. Prep yourself by thinking of yur achievements.
They provide sales training. But mention that you can link sell ie. someone asks for a face cream you suggest appropriate body creams also. upselling better products. There is a mini maths test but you get a calculator and its adding, subtracting maybe working out percentages.
I get 6 skincare, 2 cosmetics. I'd imagine its half.
see above
If Clarins approve and wish to offer the role. They need you to have store approval. Its a mini interview with the floor manager of the store. House of Fraser tend to ask basic questions ie. how do you provide good customer service, how to deal with complaints, descrive yourself in 3 words. Its the easy part of the process honestly.
6. Whats the pay like?
Between £13,00-£14,500 at a guess I work in spa and its different structure
Look presentable, neat nails. Be confident and communicate well as thats part of you job description ;)
you sound like you are keen so let that show!

BEST OF LUCK...let us all know how you get on x

Hey! I have recently had an interview with Clarins in the House of Frazer also (it was in Belfast though). It was for a beauty therapist and to work at the beauty counter also. The first stage was just a general informal chat about my qualifications and they asked me to talk them through my skills and experience, what would I bring into the company, what my strenghts and abilities are, have I ever had any difficult customers and how I dealt with them, they also asked me to give them an example of a good and bad customer service I ever came across (it didnt have to be beauty related). They also gave me the tour, spoke about the products they use etc. I did get to the second stage which was a trade test, I was asked to perform : half leg wax, mini manicure/pedicure, express facial and mini back massage. I thought their interviews were not stressfull and the girls were also lovely.
I was offered the job but in the end I found out working hours were not suitable for me, which was such a shame coz I really wanted the job. Don't be stressing too much though and good luck :)

Latest posts

Back