Clay Extentions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herman

Reaction score
we had a client in our salon enquiring about some advise she had been given by another tech. She had been advised that as she was a bad nail biter, she would first have to let her nails grow a little & would then have to have CLAY tips applied. Can anyone enlighten me to what clay tips are :?: Cheers. M.D.T.

I have never EVER heard of CLAY tips :huh: :rolleyes: Probably some 'new' term to get us all excited :ack: or maybe she meant Organic but it came out wrong (and nearly ALL products are organic (contain Carbon))!! :rofl: :rofl:

mrs geek said:
I have never EVER heard of CLAY tips :huh: :rolleyes: Probably some 'new' term to get us all excited :ack: or maybe she meant Organic but it came out wrong (and nearly ALL products are organic (contain Carbon))!! :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe this is another pseudonym for the dreaded shhh MMA - as in alternative to porcelain. LOL

-Blech-

Wont they melt when it rains ;)
What next? All organic horse dung tips?

This client has been smoking organic horse dung if she thinks anyone in their right mind would make tips or enhancements out of clay.
She may be thinking along the lines of ceramic which is a very old myth.
Some people used to advertise that they did ceramic or porcelain nails. This is silly because
A- How well do you think they would hold up to the rigours of every day wear and tear?
B- Both ceramics and porcelain cure at temperatures that would fry a client into ashes.

Those systems (as fiona has mentioned) were usually MMA (about the furthest thing durability wise from ceramics)

After all... who wants a set of Play-Dough enhancements?

Toodles... cheers for the chuckle ;)

Well guys Clay extensions ....................
What ever next????????????

What was the Salon called Mud Hut Paradise or MMA R'us.................

Sounds like you dont varnish those nail but ceramic paint them, shove em in the Kiln and then fire them at high Temp, just think of the names, Wedgwood, Delft blue aso.
Oh yea forgot , thats how they prob. sterilze their files too.

Play-doo enhancements, yea they do them in kindergarden, but they break when you go on to the dooplo building bricks.

love Ruth xxxx(gigglin all the way)

Nailsinlondon1 said:
What was the Salon called Mud Hut Paradise or MMA R'us.................love Ruth xxxx(gigglin all the way)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh God - I'm crying :D :D :rofl: :rofl:

The Nail Geek said:
What next? All organic horse dung tips?

Hang on a minute, don't knock dung down so quickly!! :D
In South Africa they actually make cards and enveloppes out of elephant dung.... and they proudly write what it is made of on the back... :shocker: so you really run to the bathroom and scrub your hands real hard after reading your card... honest yo do.... :shock:

thanks for all the feed back, i`ve ordered 1.5 ton of horse manure (organic of course) and i will keep you informed of the results.........sorry got to go, the farmer has arrived. Terrible smell though. see ya. :pukeoff: M.D.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back