Clean healthy eating!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalounewt

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Im trying to embark on a new healthy lifestyle...getting back to the gym and things! I dont eat meat and wondered if anybody else is into their health and fitness and can give me so ideas!! Thankyou xxx

Good for you Emma.

I like spinach and onion omelette, baked potatoe with salad.

Ive been trying to get healthy for a few weeks now, I made a lot of changes and been in the gym 3 times a week.

I looked in the mirror tonight and honestly I don't feel like I've lost any weight at all. So just went and ate 10 biscuits in temper!!

I feel awful now but I'm going to continue on and keep going and try to eat less bread and drink less lattes! They are my weakness.xxx

Check put Pinterest for vegetarian clean eating
Great photos toi5
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey emma, good for you! I don't eat meat but eat fish, I made risotto this evening but instead of using rice I cut up cauliflower into small bits and had that instead, for breakfast everyday I have porridge, an omelette with spinach or avocado on rye bread, for lunch I usually have soup or a falafel and humus wrap, I then keep grapes in the colour area and snack on them throughout the day then for dinner I have either pasta with butternut squash and feta or fish with steamed veg at weekends I eat whatever I want, and then do Pilates 3 times a week, feeling so much healthier since I've been eating healthily a good app to get is my fitness pal
Hope that helps sorry about the long essay :)

Hello!
Im a veggie too (well almost vegan) - look at Forks over knives website there are heaps of good recipes! all super healthy......

my routine would be something like

brekkie: porridge oats with chia seeds, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, lins seeds, honey and coconut milk.

Snack: fruit bowl of watermelon and apples

Lunch: salad made with spinach leaves, butter beans, tomatoes, avocado and as dressing just a few table spoons of apple cider vinegar/white wine vinegar and salt and pepper

Dinner: varies a lot but for example a lentil stew or brown rice with a bean/tomato sauce or bean veggie patties with veggies

Snacks: apples/fruit, nuts, gerkins

No im happy for the essay! I need meal ideas, just hard sometimes to prepare for meals! And salad is hard to eat in winter cos its so cold :-(

A roast pepper stuffed with lean mince or cous cous

Shepards pie made with lean mince and veg topped with sweet potatoe xxx

What about healthy treats, what do people eat? X

Hi Hun, do you eat fish?

Yes i eat fish! X

Ok, that's good.

I've just had a baby, a month ago, and so far have managed to loose 2 1/2 stone.

I've basically cut back on alcohol.... And upped my protein intake ...

Done zero exercise, (as am still recovering)

I eat a lot of tuna, salmon and basa x

WOW omg!!! What kind of meals have you been eating?? Thats amazing x

I think it's all about making healthy choices. During my pregnancy I actually lost weight (I had really REALLY bad 'morning' sickness) so when I had my son I was told to put on weight. Which I took to meaning 'eat whatever the hell you want' when I really should have been eating good carbohydrates and protein.

Once I changed my perception that was the best start. And then the next best thing I did was buy a juicer. One of those that blends in the bottle.
I started and ended my day with hot water and lemon.
When I was feeling peckish I had a smoothie.
I joined a gym and started doing classes because I couldn't stand just endlessly running on a treadmill. And now I do classes 5 days a week. A mix of yoga, body bootcamp, spinning, Pilates and Zumba.

Good luck!!

Great thanks! What juicer do you have? I love smoothies! What else do you put in apart from fruit??

I've just begun a two month cut so my meals are as follows:

Breakfast - 1/2 of a 5-egg ham & mushroom omelette done with a tsp of Olive Oil

Lunch - Chicken breast with 125g rice

Dinner - Chicken breast with 125g rice

Then in between I'll have a protein shake (1 on a rest day (25g protein), 2 (75g protein) on a training day). Calorie deficits are dull but it'll be worth it! Chicken breast does tend to get boring as well so I buy it in bulk then pop two chicken breasts (enough for one day) in a freezer bag with different marinades. I'm on a low/zero sugar diet so if I feel faint post-workout I have a small square of Nutella protein flapjack which I make with 200g Nutella, 4 scoops protein (white choc flavour), 4 scoops oats & a dash of milk - helps to get my blood sugar back up!

Last edited:
Ladies buy a nutribullet it's amazing. So much more than just a juicer. Expensive but if you buy it from ideal world you can pay in 3 instalments :)

I've just begun a two month cut so my meals are as follows:

Breakfast - 1/2 of a 5-egg ham & mushroom omelette done with a tsp of Olive Oil

Lunch - Chicken breast with 125g rice

Dinner - Chicken breast with 125g rice

Then in between I'll have a protein shake (1 on a rest day (25g protein), 2 (75g protein) on a training day). Calorie deficits are dull but it'll be worth it! Chicken breast does tend to get boring as well so I buy it in bulk then pop two chicken breasts (enough for one day) in a freezer bag with different marinades. I'm on a low/zero sugar diet so if I feel faint post-workout I have a small square of Nutella protein flapjack which I make with 200g Nutella, 4 scoops protein (white choc flavour), 4 scoops oats & a dash of milk - helps to get my blood sugar back up!

Where do you buy the protein from to make the shakes please.

Great thanks! What juicer do you have? I love smoothies! What else do you put in apart from fruit??

I have a Breville blend active. It's only around £20-25, i got mine from John Lewis. I use a mix of: fresh & frozen fruit and veggies, soya milk, fat free yogurt.
My favourite ones are: 1 cup full of frozen berries and 1 cup of soya milk.

3 bananas, inside of vanilla pod, soya milk and yogurt.

Carrot juice, tomato, cucumber, orange juice.

Apple, celery, mint & lime.

I just make it up as I go along! Also mixing in flax seeds and acai berries are great for weight loss!

Hiya babe,

I start off with porridge every morning ?. Sometimes add a banana.

It's boring as hell, but I've "made myself like it"

I drink loads of water a day .. Nearly 3 litres.

Lunch is mainly protein, chicken, salmon, protein and I really fill up on veg...

Dinner is same.

Not drinking much at the mo ... And the weight has really dropped off.

Will be a bit hard over CRIMBO though!!

Do you just use frozen veg?? X

Latest posts

Back