cleaning airbrush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone knows if you can 'soak' the airbrush in a soapy solution if its clogged with paint?

I've cleaned it all as i usually do, but it still seems to be a bit clogged up. If i took the needle, crown cap etc off, is it safe to submerge it in water?

You are better to use airbrush cleaner solution rather than just soapy water. I use a foaming airbrush cleaner for tougher jobs - it comes with a straw and you put the straw on the end of the nozzle - with the needle pulled back - and blast - most of the stuck paint should get blasted back into the cup - hope that makes sense - I cannot remember the name of it but it is in a green and white can and is called Foaming Airbrush Cleaner and I think K-Sa-Ra sell it - among others.

melle from all things nails told me at olympia if your airbrush gets clogged up soak it overnight in the [proper airbrush solution.
i had problems with the trigger not stopping the airsupply so it was constantly on.
after a night of soaking it is as good as new
jo

Joanne,did you just pour a load of solution in a bowl, and submerge the airbrush overnight ? Do i remove the needle first?

Fiona, I've got some of that foaming airbrush cleaner in the green&white can, but it doesnt seem to be shifting everything, thats why i thought i might be able to soak it.Do you always remove the needle before you 'blast' it with cleaner?

Thanks,

HIya

Take it to bits and pop it in soak overnight it works, my trainee is always blocking mine up :rolleyes:

mandy_moo_64 said:
......Fiona, I've got some of that foaming airbrush cleaner in the green&white can, but it doesnt seem to be shifting everything, thats why i thought i might be able to soak it.Do you always remove the needle before you 'blast' it with cleaner?

Thanks,

Yes, I always pull back the needle - only far enough to clear the nozzle or all you are doing is trying to blast past the needle (does that make sense LOL).

I also use Melles Airbrush Cleaner (the Createx one) and will soak the nozzle and cap etc. in neat cleaner overnight.

It depends on what airbrush you have as to which bits come off - some dismantle more than others.

thanx fiona....i'll get soaking tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back