Cleaning foundation brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feelgorgeous

Reaction score
Hi,

I find it impossible to clean a foundation brush! How does everyone else do it??

Thanks x

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest for this very reason I don't use them and use non latex sponges instead.

If like using foundation brushes you could get some reasonable priced ones instead and give them to your clients after using them and factor the cost into your makeup price.

I wash mine with baby shampoo a couple of times, any bits of foundation that is left I spray with Bare Essentials Quick Change Spray.. It's the only one I've come across that really cleans the brushes without any damage.

I wash my foundation brushes with a nice smelling fairy liquid as it removes the oil from the foundation and leaves the brushes like new.
I would only use baby shampoo to wash my powder brushes with as it doesn't remove the oil from foundations.

I use surgical spirit between clients and wash in anti-bac soap at end of day x

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
I wash my brushes with hand soap and warm water, then wipe over them with brush sanitiser which i think is just alcohol. Then leave to air dry on it's side after smoothing the bristles into shape xx

I wash mine in a calrifying shampoo and leave to air dry. They wash supper clean and my brushes dont shed but are lovely and soft too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some brushes it comes out of easily but I find the denser, buffing brushes (like the Sigma F80) it can take a few extra goes.

Sigma sell this brush cleaning mitt that is kind of expensive and I am cheap. So I bought a silicone oven glove off ebay. It's pink ( :) ) and it has ridges on, which help give the brush a good scrub without ruining it.

A couple of goes with baby shampoo usually gets it clean.

Baby shampoo for a good wash; MAC or Clinique brush cleaner for a quick clean. I sometimes use surgical spirit if I have nothing else but prolonged use of alcohol can damage some brushes x

Parian Spirit. x

Lint free tissues and brush cleaner spray (amazon/salons direct) for as soon as Ive used my brushes to prevent build up and anti-bac them.

Once a week I religiously put all my brushes to soak in an old jam jar with washing up liquid. Leaving them in for 15-20 mins has the same affect as if you were to soak a manky crusty pan in the sink. Makes it nice and easy to remove! I remove them one by one and give them a swish in clean water.

Careful not to use water too hot for synthetic brushes, and also with all brushes, don't tip them up (brush end up) until they are completely dry. It will stop the water getting into the glued bit and the bristles wont fall out.

Ive tried sponges but I really dont get on with them because they absorb so much product. Just makes me spend more on foundations! I am in love with my real techniques stippling brush <3:D

Latest posts

Back