Cleaning gel bottles and lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a real problem with keeping my the gel bottle polishes clean. Can anyone reccomend any wipes which are easy to use or an easy method to keep clean please? Also any tips on keeping your nail lamp clean and the slide in tray clean? Thanks in advance

I use alcohol. Take the brush out, wipe around the bottle neck squeaky clean. Gently wipe around the lid including the part that touches the bottle.

For your lamp, there's not much you can do to prevent gel getting stuck in there. Never ever use acetone to clean your gel lamp, it will melt the plastic and ruin the shiny finish. Every couple of weeks I remove the tray, wipe the lamp and tray with alcohol and then use an old cuticle tool (The ones with the sharp flat end) and gently scrape away any cured gel. Wipe again and it should be good to go

I wipe mine over with surgical spirit (known as rubbing alcohol in the US).

I don’t buy wipes because I try and avoid plastic. I find it more convenient to keep a spray bottle of surgical spirit handy and a pile of cut up paper towels, I use scrummi paper towels which are awesome and biodegradable. They have little dimples in the surface which makes a big difference with cleaning. The first time I used them I was horrified at the extra amount of dirt they polished off.

To add to the great advice:
Take pliers, pull out the brush wand, clean the threads in top with alcohol and your preferred wipe.
Then never close the bottle without wiping the bottle edges.

To put the wand back simply drop into bottle and screw the top down.

I’m crazy about this. My girls had to learn this. 87C2B6E7-5AD8-4737-8F21-F686B7E3B737.jpeg
Woe to the one who left this mess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back