Cleaning Gel Brushes???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welsh Geek

Reaction score
Help... I have just started playing with my new Brisa Gel kit, I have never done gel before, but have just created a gorgeous first nail on myself! (modest too!)
anyway, cannot find any info in the kit as to how I should clean my brushes??
and how to clean them in between colours of gel...eg white/pink/clear so as not to contaminate the clarity.

Sue

Hi you lucky devil......... carnt get a kit till april
now i havent used brisa but i am a gel user and i use 2 brushes one for white and one for clear. you dont strictly have to but i prefer to . Your brush should be fine with a good wipe at the end of the session with scrub fresh, or any cleanser that came with your kit. Do be warned though that if you get gel stuck in your brush and let it set its nigh impossible to get it out (with the gel i use that is)
sue4d777 said:
Help... I have just started playing with my new Brisa Gel kit, I have never done gel before, but have just created a gorgeous first nail on myself! (modest too!)
and how to clean them in between colours of gel...eg white/pink/clear so as not to contaminate the clarity.

Sue

sue4d777 said:

Sue
To clean your brush, by wipe it back and forth on a lint-free pad that has been dampened with ScrubFresh....
Check out the Premium geeks tutorial, all is covered there for the Brisa Gel....in FAQ...........
HTH love Ruth x

hi sue
we've been told to wipe any xcess gel from our brush by wipeing it repeatedly on
a lint free hand's down pad with scrub fresh on, (both sides of brush)
to keep any of your brushes free from contamination or damage, store them in a brush case (or "worm coffin!").
also, NEVER leave your brush near the lamp, as tracy said removing cured gel from your brush is pretty impossible.
lastly, when u start your application, wipe a small scoop of gel on the plastic side of the hand's down, & stroke your brush thro the gel, to get your brush started & "in the mood!"
hope this helps
liza xx

Thankyou all for your help.. I have done a couple more nails, and they are slightly more lumpy... Not bad for my first go though, perhaps I got a little cocky!!! Brushes cleaned and ready for tomorrow!!!!

Thanks again!

Sue

sue4d777 said:

Sue

Here I show 'step by step' how to care for gel brush.
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/gelbrushcare.msnw?albumlist=2

and a beautiful step by step it is Annna,
but it shows you getting the brush ready to work with and Sue was asking how to clean her brush.
If you clean your brush differently to what has been suggested do let us know

Clean the brush as per instructions on the Brisa Q&A sheet under Premium Geeks/tutorials.

Prime the brush for working is easy: As per the video ... dip into a litttle of the clear gel, and work the brush back and forth on a lint free surface i.e. the plastic backing of the 'Hands Down' pad, until the brush is flexible and all air has been removed from the bristles.

Debs said:
and a beautiful step by step it is Annna,
but it shows you getting the brush ready to work with and Sue was asking how to clean her brush.
If you clean your brush differently to what has been suggested do let us know

This is how I clean my brush with gels I use, if CND recommends another method with Brisa gels, follow that :)
At the end of the tutorial I mentioned something like "and this is how I clean my brush..(by wiping it clean in a piece of paper towel)"

:biggrin:

Generally i just wipe my brush on a lint free pad or sturdy tissue. When i need to get colored gels out of my brush, i use alcohol on the bristles and wipe the brush repeatedly. Works great for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back