cleaning hair straightners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suyung57

Reaction score
what do you clean hair straightners with that are ceramic coated.im on my third pair.problem is residue of hair protection spray along with my hair dye is coating my straightners and forming a rough crust coating very quickly.only had them since mothers day. wiping them just isnt enough. someone suggested using nail varnish remover :eek: surley not:!: answers please soon
thanks..sue

i use my ghds all the time and i use a leave in conditioner aswell as heat protection spray which are both by ghd and i have had mine for about a year and i dont have any problems with residue.
i have heard of using nail varnish remover of even acetone but i have never tried them.
my old ghds i had for 3 years and i just wiped the off with a baby wipe.
can i ask what straighteners you use and products?:)

Warm them up then unplug them ,use a damp cloth and some ceramic hob cleaner,just make sure you remove all the cleaner.Works a treat.:)

I have used varnish remover before and it does clean them....plug in and unplug straight away, this gives just enough heat on the ceramics to then be able to wip using cotton wool and a little remover.

They clean up good and sparkle.

Also used a damp cloth that has been soaked in soap powder.

If ive had my dishcloth soaking in powder and bleach over night i use it the following morning to wipe the ceramics, again works a treat if you just have that bit of heat.

I've used surgical spirit before, It worked fine, I use it for everything I think!! xx

I agree with louiser- Surgical spirit all the way!!

I've used nail varnish remover before... worked for me :D

Latest posts

Back