Cleaning lashes after lash lift treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniLouise

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering how you clean your clients lashes immediately after a lash lift treatment?
I was taught to use the nourishing oil to lift the lashes off of the pad and go over with a dry cotton bud, this gets the majority off but now and then I can see dry perming or fixing lotion thy won't budge and I could really do with wiping with a wet bud (was told shouldn't do this)
I had a new client today who said her last Lash Lift girl used to wipe her lashes and eyes with a really wet cotton pad at the end (her last Lash lady has moved abroad hence why she now comes to me).
Intrigued me and wondered what everyone else does?
xx

Hi

Just wondering how you clean your clients lashes immediately after a lash lift treatment?
I was taught to use the nourishing oil to lift the lashes off of the pad and go over with a dry cotton bud, this gets the majority off but now and then I can see dry perming or fixing lotion thy won't budge and I could really do with wiping with a wet bud (was told shouldn't do this)
I had a new client today who said her last Lash Lift girl used to wipe her lashes and eyes with a really wet cotton pad at the end (her last Lash lady has moved abroad hence why she now comes to me).
Intrigued me and wondered what everyone else does?
xx
In my training I was taught to remove the second lotion off with a dry cotton bud then a wet cotton pad. If any residue of the lotion is left on the lashes they will carry on processing and the lashes will frazzle so it's really crucial you are thorough to get any residue lotions off. I then finish with a nourishing lotion which I dab on with a microbrush and brush through with a mascara wand.

It will depend on your brand. Some ppl on here say use water, some swear by dry

Personally I was taught how you were

I've also experienced a lash lift on myself (LVL) before I trained, I forgot to keep dry and next day my lash Lift was all but gone! What a waste of my £45!

Try using a bit less perming/fixing lotion, you only need just enough to cover the lashes no more

I find a cotton bud either side (under and over) the lashes and lots of jiggling works wonders x

In my training I was taught to remove the second lotion off with a dry cotton bud then a wet cotton pad. If any residue of the lotion is left on the lashes they will carry on processing and the lashes will frazzle so it's really crucial you are thorough to get any residue lotions off. I then finish with a nourishing lotion which I dab on with a microbrush and brush through with a mascara wand.
Who did you train with Hun? x

It will depend on your brand. Some ppl on here say use water, some swear by dry

Personally I was taught how you were

I've also experienced a lash lift on myself (LVL) before I trained, I forgot to keep dry and next day my lash Lift was all but gone! What a waste of my £45!

Try using a bit less perming/fixing lotion, you only need just enough to cover the lashes no more

I find a cotton bud either side (under and over) the lashes and lots of jiggling works wonders x
This is what I worry about, sometimes I am so tempted to give them a wipe with little water or a 100% water wipe but don't want it t affect the results :)

I tint the lashes after removing the fixing lotion, then wipe with nourishing lotion to remove them from the shield and then clean with water. This is what I was taught o do - but is this going to affect the treatment??

I tint the lashes after removing the fixing lotion, then wipe with nourishing lotion to remove them from the shield and then clean with water. This is what I was taught o do - but is this going to affect the treatment??
Think it depends on the product, from what I've read on here, who did you train with? :)

What will remove the glue ? Is the keratin lotion considered the nourishing lotion

I trained with flirties and always use damp cotton pads to make sure I clean everything off lashes. Iv been doing this for 2.5 years and never had a problem so fo ahead anduse damp pads

I trained with flirties and always use damp cotton pads to make sure I clean everything off lashes. Iv been doing this for 2.5 years and never had a problem so fo ahead anduse damp pads
Ok thanks, to remove lash lift glue?

I use a dry cotton bud initially to wipe the majority off, but then finish with damp cotton buds because I've experienced on my own lashes what happens if any solution is left on too long (very mangled lashes!)

I know some brands do say don't use water, but it's never really made sense to me as it is essentially perm lotion we're putting in the lashes and this is always thoroughly rinsed off the hair with water after a hair perm, so I can't see why you shouldn't use damp cotton buds to remove from lashes.

But saying all that, the manufacturers instructions of the brand you use are always best followed as that's what your insurance provider will expect. Have you checked to see if they are the same as you were taught?

I use a dry cotton bud initially to wipe the majority off, but then finish with damp cotton buds because I've experienced on my own lashes what happens if any solution is left on too long (very mangled lashes!)

I know some brands do say don't use water, but it's never really made sense to me as it is essentially perm lotion we're putting in the lashes and this is always thoroughly rinsed off the hair with water after a hair perm, so I can't see why you shouldn't use damp cotton buds to remove from lashes.

But saying all that, the manufacturers instructions of the brand you use are always best followed as that's what your insurance provider will expect. Have you checked to see if they are the same as you were taught?
Yes , vitamin e oil seems to work well as well as washing the eyes

I use lash bomb and you take off as much as possible with micro fibre wands and then you remove lashes from the shields with the lash conditioning serum. As per instructions.

Hi girls. On the back off this if a client gets stuff in their eye ie solution or tint how do you clean?
I’ve been using a damp cotton pad and going inside the eye as gently as I can but the client didn’t seem comfortable at all.
Is there any tricks or ways you all do it or can point me in the direction of a YouTube video on how to do it?
The lady who does mine does it so good and it feels amazing but I don’t know what she does!!??

To remove the tint and perm solutions.i use the nourishing oil to remove any glue
Hi! I haven't used nourishing oil after lash lifts and tint because I've been taught that oil breaks down the perm quicker. I'm confused. Can someone give me advice on this please? Ellebanna the lash lift product I've started out with didn't offer the nourishing oil at the time either. Also, lash adhesive that works the best, for best price, any advice? I've used Ellebanna strong hold and Dolly's. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back