Cleaning nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some tips on cleaning the underside of nail extensions. I find this is one of the most common questions I get asked by clients.

Thanks Sharon X

I use my drill for that. Thins & cleans. You can also, tell your client to use false teeth cleaner :rolleyes: & even toothpaste. I also use the buffer bands,they fit on the end of plastic pusher,or a pencil. I give these to my ladys to clean at home.
Barb :silly:

Nail brite is great for cleaning nails - 0113 275 5719 for a brochure! 8)

Nail Brite is a tried and tested product that has been around for years and it is a professional product. Kind of like a soft abrasive lemon-scented cream that is sold with a cute nail brush specifically for the job. I for one do not like the idea of suggesting a 'dental' cleanser to clean nails.
For one it is not very effective and it is time consuming,
number 2 it does not seem to me to be a profesional solution to the pproblem,
number 3 Nail Brite is a salon retail item that works, and it adds to your salon profits.

I use my e-file to clean under client's nails - you wouldn't believe some of the gunk that comes outta there!!!

For cleaning under I use my e-file, but for home use i recommend Bubble White used with a nail brush, its sounds like it is similiar to the Nail Brite that Geeg mentioned... Scented eppervesent granules, placed in water it bubbles up and the client soaks in it for a couple of minutes

I have a client who's old tech suggested she soak her nails in Demestos, a bleach based toilet cleaner....oooooooh :pukeoff:

Nail Brite and a scrubbing brush works for me! :D

If my tips are all fitting nice and snug I don't get much problem with dirt under my extensions as I'm always washing my hands anyway.

Kx

Never thought about nail brite. How stupid am I. I have bottles of the stuff. I stupidly thought this product was for natural nails and never crossed my mind to use it on enhancements.

Thanks Sharon XX

If they solor oil their nails at least once a day it keeps the nail moisturized and much easier to clean with soap and a manicure brush....its not perfect but should greatly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back