Cleaning paraffin wax brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I paint on paraffin wax with a large brish.
How do you all go about cleaning the brush. I have used surgical spirit but have ran out. I have some Wax Off by Berins, will this do the same job?
Thanks
x

I usually remove the excess while still soft and in the abscence of surgical spirit, eau de cologne works well, something i discoved by chance in college!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Put brush on couch roll and use a spatula to strip wax out of bristles. Then use hot soapy water and any residue will be removed. I don't use surgical spirit or anything else. It's easily removed.
Incidentally you can't really remove it whilst it's soft as it cools down very quickly and you would have to stop your treatment in order to clean brush which isn't very good tbh. Just put to one side and clean after treatment. The hotter the water the better really.
With your bowl if you decant, completely line with foil and then no cleaning whatsoever is needed other than a rinse out afterwards.

Before your next treatments rub a little oil into the bristles and it will make it easier to remove after :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Pour hot water into a cup and let it soak x

Put brush on couch roll and use a spatula to strip wax out of bristles. Then use hot soapy water and any residue will be removed. I don't use surgical spirit or anything else. It's easily removed.
Incidentally you can't really remove it whilst it's soft as it cools down very quickly and you would have to stop your treatment in order to clean brush which isn't very good tbh. Just put to one side and clean after treatment. The hotter the water the better really.
With your bowl if you decant, completely line with foil and then no cleaning whatsoever is needed other than a rinse out afterwards.

I didnt say i stopped just to clean the brush! You dont remove parrafin wax as soon as its applied do you, so when you have made sure the client is comfortable you can quickly remove excess wax and leave it to soak, then resume the treatment.

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back