Cleaning products & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxpert

Reaction score
Hi

Please forgive me if this has been answered I have searched & I cannot find the answer.

I use shellac & gelish and a lot of my customers are getting good wear.

I however cannot keep it on more than 4 days. I've done the CND training - shellac keeps them coming back & follow all the procedures.

At first I thought it may be when I did other peoples nails & got dsolve etc on my own nails but this week I've had a really quiet week nail wise & they are still peeling from the free edge. :(. Mainly on thumb & first 2 fingers.

This has got me wondering if its something I'm using on a daily basis..

I swipe the free edge as taught & you cannot see the white on the free edge of my nail but within 3 days i can see it & then it peels.

I have attached 2 photos, one is a nail Ive just re-done & one has been on 4 days, its now close to peeling.

Could it be my kitchen cleaner? I use the kitchen power which has citric acid in it i think.

I know shellac & gelish are great products! I really think its something im doing.

Caroline xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340175044.081568.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340175044.081568.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 170
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340175058.842226.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340175058.842226.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 168
Are you not wearing gloves when you clean?

Honestly - not always. I didn't imagine that it would cause this much damage? Xx

Honestly - not always. I didn't imagine that it would cause this much damage? Xx

I think you just answered your own question. I always wear gloves when using any type of cleaning chemical, whether I have my nails done or not. I think you will see a difference once you start wearing gloves. :)

Thank you x x x

Cillet bang is one of the worst cleaners to use without gloves. Peels my shellac off within minutes if I forget my gloves.

Cillet bang is one of the worst cleaners to use without gloves. Peels my shellac off within minutes if I forget my gloves.

jumping over from hair here!
i would like to agree on the cillit bang statement - "bang and the dirt is gone" unfortunately so were my newly done nails and even some of my skin!!!

That stuff would strip paint off walls!! :lol:

A lot of my clients don't use gloves, no matter how much I nag them and their Shellac is fine, but then again, not all of us have the same nail type and use the same products/cleaners.

Try using your gloves for a few weeks and you'll know if that's what the problem is.

I use Method and the times I havn't worn gloves it hasn't affected it. I class it as lucky rather than fool proof and would never advocate anyone else doing it! Do as I say, not as I do! :D

Latest posts

Back