Quantcast

Cleaning wax pots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

holisticvix

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get one of my wax pots clean. It had Cerepil hot wax in it. I've tried wax remover and soaking in hot water with fairy liquid! Any other suggestions? Many thanks

RosieR

Reaction score
Would popping the pot into the freezer work? Use gloves obviously as your hands would stick to the frozen pot. Try chipping it off perhaps.
Failing that pop it into a hot oven with foil around it to capture the melted wax, and wipe clean with kitchen roll if it melts off. Again be so very careful to wear heat resistant gloves.
Option 3 - throw the thing out and start afresh or ignore the less than spotless pot.

holisticvix

Reaction score
Oooh, I like the freezer option. I'll try that! thank you

ReVivebeauty

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get one of my wax pots clean. It had Cerepil hot wax in it. I've tried wax remover and soaking in hot water with fairy liquid! Any other suggestions?

Julia Lashes

Reaction score
Any oil , like sunflower or olive oil

Jch13

Reaction score
Acetone & a wax strip. If u heat it slightly most of it should scoop out with a wax stick first

Moona z

Reaction score
Hi
I use my normal nail polish remover to clean the pot.
1- Start your wax pot.
2- When wax is melted clean it with any cloth or cotton swab.
3- in the end remove any bits of wax with your normal acetone.

Noo

Reaction score
Use a hairdryer to melt the wax then use wax equipment cleaner.

House Beauty

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get one of my wax pots clean. It had Cerepil hot wax in it. I've tried wax remover and soaking in hot water with fairy liquid! Any other suggestions? Many thanks
Turn it on til the wax has melted and use paper wax strip with wax remover on while it’s still liquid.

Ange1Dust29

Reaction score
I've always used surgical spirit and cotton wool pads tbh and any tough bits of wax that has gone hard I've scraped off. Hth good luck.

SkinHealthObsessive

Reaction score
Someone gave me this tip last month and I tried it yesterday and it worked! If you're in the UK try the 'Pink Stuff'. You can get it in tubs from places like Home Bargains. Couldn't believe how easy and fast it cleaned all the pots. I've been using professional wax pot cleaners for years but they've got nothing on this cheaper option.
I also used it to remove lash tint from work tops. Sad to say... but I was looking for other things to clean! lol

Mariejwic

Reaction score
Someone gave me this tip last month and I tried it yesterday and it worked! If you're in the UK try the 'Pink Stuff'. You can get it in tubs from places like Home Bargains. Couldn't believe how easy and fast it cleaned all the pots. I've been using professional wax pot cleaners for years but they've got nothing on this cheaper option.
I also used it to remove lash tint from work tops. Sad to say... but I was looking for other things to clean! lol
I discovered 'Pink Stuff' a couple of months ago and don't know how I lived without it! I was the same as you,searching out things to clean,haha. I've had a lash tint mark on my wax trolley that nothing would shift, 2 minutes with pink stuff and it's like a new trolley. I should be a rep as I've told so many people about it!

Sunflower46

Reaction score
Hi , I'm a hairdresser & all stylists in my salon are finding our chairs seem to be going sticky ,think it's a mixture of the sterilising wipes we're using & hairspray. Not sure how to get it off & Just wondering if pink stuff would do it ?

Holly1991

Reaction score
Hi , I'm a hairdresser & all stylists in my salon are finding our chairs seem to be going sticky ,think it's a mixture of the sterilising wipes we're using & hairspray. Not sure how to get it off & Just wondering if pink stuff would do it ?
We have this problem all the time even more so now with the amount of times the chairs are sprayed and wiped a day mixed with hairspray, shine spray etc, pink stuff does work well for it but I find elbow grease works a treat spray on leave a min then wipe with a. Hot wet cloth , my salon chairs are off white so show up marks pretty quickly this never fails 😊

Latest posts