Cleaning wax tools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzychicken

Reaction score
How do you clean and sterilise your non disposable wax tools?

I should think that with the lack of replies it is because we are all trained in using disposable spatulas or orange wood sticks.

Check with your training provider would be my suggestion, or consult with your insurance provider. My insurance guidelines say "Use disposables wherever possible."

Hope you get an answer.

I should think that with the lack of replies it is because we are all trained in using disposable spatulas or orange wood sticks.

Check with your training provider would be my suggestion, or consult with your insurance provider. My insurance guidelines say "Use disposables wherever possible."

Hope you get an answer.
Thank you. I was meaning things like scissors etc, surely you can't keep buying things like that for every client :/

Oh ok.

I wipe mine with surgical spirit to debride. Then hot wash in detergent, then placed into a barbicide solution until I need it next. I have several sets of tools, but to be honest I never need to use them during a waxing treatment. I just don't cut hairs.
Hope that helps.

Oh ok.

I wipe mine with surgical spirit to debride. Then hot wash in detergent, then placed into a barbicide solution until I need it next. I have several sets of tools, but to be honest I never need to use them during a waxing treatment. I just don't cut hairs.
Hope that helps.
Perfect thank you

Look up Navy Professional. Barbocide is great for like manicure bowls and big stuff to soak like cleaning brushes in but I can’t wait to just use detergent and disinfectant wipes. If there is blood or I’ve done a bikini area I’d probably still use barbicide after the detergent.

Generally, before all this Id have done alcohol wipe to remove hairs and wax, as they are small and cheap and better than using cotton pads or large wipes, then can throw the pubes away hahaaaaa instead of getting them in the sink. Then soap/detergent. Then barbicide.

These days I’d probably alcohol them before using in front of the client aswell to help them feel more at ease.

Latest posts

Back