Cleaning your tent..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

So how do u call clean ur pop up tanning tents?

And how often?

I kept wiping down the floor between clients, them depending on how many tans I'd done- once a week or once a fortnight I'd use wipes on the side and roof...

When I bought it they said oh just hose it down outside-so I have done that today but with it being so light I've had to trap it outside whilst it dries!

Just wondered if there is some easier way... Xx

Last edited:
Hi Geeks,

So how do u call clean ur pop up tanning tents?

And how often?

I kept wiping down the floor between clients, them depending on how many tans I'd done- once a week or once a fortnight.

When I bought it they said oh just hose it down outside-so I have done that today but with it being so light I've had to trap it outside whilst it dries!

Just wondered if there is some easier way... Xx

i use detol wipes after every client then once a month i use my mob and bucket and put abit of detol or washing up liquid in it. i find it drys much quicker and is less hastle :)

In the summer I hose it down outside & during the winter I just wipe it down with water only every couple of weeks with water. I always use a large black towel & a mat on the floor & wash them at the end of the week. Clients wear sticky feet so they never actually touch the tent during a treatment.

Hosepipe in the the garden. Put it in the garage and its dry in a few hours

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I have towels on the base so that's always clean and I just spray with some detol or something and wipe it down each evening (I only do 2-4 spray tans each time) x works a treat x

Thanks, at the mo I could do with a garage! Haha.

I will get a new mop head for the tent and try that next time.

For those who hose it down in summer-how do u stop it blowing away? Xx

Put something heavy in it to weigh it down xx

I used to put plant pots in mine but it would still bend and blow over so now I manage to lean it slightly and peg it too my washing line LOL looks amusing ! Obviously the washing line doesn't rotate but it stops my tent disappearing !

On a nice dry day I get inside with a nice soapy car sponge and wash it then hose it down, this is in the garden by the way lol. Then I too peg it to the line to dry or sometimes lean it on the garage depending how windy it is xxx

I put tent into empty bath standing upright folded and hose (with shower hose - make sure it's luke warm water) it down on one side until water runs clear and turn it and hose other side....then turn it upside down (so roof part is sitting in bath base) and hose again always making sure water runs clear....I then just leave it to dry overnight.....it dries pretty quickly... Then I take it out of bath and open it up and give it a quick wipe down and it's lovely and clean....hosing takes about 10 mins....I do it once a week. I used to clean it manually before and it was back breaking.... hth :)

I wipe down with glass cleaner or anti bac spray and a cloth after each evening's tans. In summer I will have a proper hosepipe clean of it. (oh just remembered there's a ban!) damnit!

when i am cleaning my spray gun thru with water i spray it all over the tent and wipe, jus put it up inside your house, will dry so quickly xx

In the summer I hose it down outside & during the winter I just wipe it down with water only every couple of weeks with water. I always use a large black towel & a mat on the floor & wash them at the end of the week. Clients wear sticky feet so they never actually touch the tent during a treatment.

Exactly what I do - and wipe 'windows' and floor with wipes after each client

To prolong the life and effectivness of your spray ten tent it is important that it is kept clean,not left in a wet condition after use and allowed to dry out before storing. Warm water with a minimal amount of mild detergent is ok for general cleaning, the use of strong detergents will weaken the waterproof treatment on the tent quite quickly.

We recommend cleaning and re-proofing at least once a year to keep the tent water resistant , in busy commercial environments this should be carried out at shorter intervals .

When we first spoke to the renowned British outdoor company Grangers regarding the use of their products for Spray Tan Tents they were amazed that nobody was recommending cleaning and re proofing the tents, especially considering the regular exposure to a wet environment. In the outdoor business tents and clothing are properly cleaned and re proofed regularly to maintain the fabrics performance and it should be the same with spray tan tents.

Last edited by a moderator:

same as me x

On my training I was told not to use any detergents at all, because it can damage the lining of the tent and thin the material as well as dissolve the fire proof coating....(this may or may not be correct) I was recommended to just use warm water, maybe a small amount of washing up liquid. Bit annoying because i'd love to carry round baby wipes with me, because they would do the job perfectly, but don’t want to damage the tent...But then again It may be fine....all these different views, its hard to know whats right!

On my training I was told not to use any detergents at all, because it can damage the lining of the tent and thin the material as well as dissolve the fire proof coating....(this may or may not be correct) I was recommended to just use warm water, maybe a small amount of washing up liquid. Bit annoying because i'd love to carry round baby wipes with me, because they would do the job perfectly, but don’t want to damage the tent...But then again It may be fine....all these different views, its hard to know whats right!

I use mr muscle window cleaner with a microfibre cloth on my little windows of my tent! Lol also give them an extra wipe over with a baby wipe to make sure

I hate nothing more than too see them stained! looks so scruffy & uncared for, ok tad too far haha but I like my tent looking tip top.
xx

Latest posts

Back