Cleanse taking away Shellac polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi i want to do a shellac course so i have bought the cnd pack a few weeks ago to try on family and freinds. However more often that not when i apply the cleanse after the full application, the colour comes away too, only slightly. I dont want to charge people until i get it perfect. help please :(

What are you using as the cleanse?

NSI cleanse. i read on my research i should use a non acetone polish remover to remove tackiness?

You need to be using 99% Isopropyl Alcohol IPA to remove the inhibition layer from CND Shellac.
Acetone Free Nail colour remover won't remove the layer correctly and won't give the finished Shellac a mirror shine.

The colour could also be coming away because you haven't completely incised the colour in Top Coat, every where you have colour you must have top coat otherwise when you wipe the colour will come off.

I highly recommend you attend a Shellac Bring Them Back Class before you start to offer this service to paying clients.
You will have a much better understanding of the products and service therefore giving your clients the best treatment you can.
:hug:

I'm assuming that you are not a professional as you don't give any qualifications on your profile.

You need to be extremely careful if you are going to try and use these products without any training. The uncured gel can be quite harmful and if the color is coming away then it is not cured.

Can I ask where you got your products from and what lamp you are using?

To answer your question you are supposed to use d sperse to remove the final tacky layer of the top coat ( I believe nsi cleanse is a similar product) so that step sounds correct but something else in your application and curing is not.

If you are wanting to charge people you must get insurance and for that you will need adequate qualifications and products from the authorised distributor.

Apologies if you are trained in manicure and this information is unnecessary!

Full shellac step by step process here:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...-colour-coat-system-application-tutorial.html

hi i want to do a shellac course so i have bought the cnd pack a few weeks ago to try on family and freinds. However more often that not when i apply the cleanse after the full application, the colour comes away too, only slightly. I dont want to charge people until i get it perfect. help please :(

when you say you bought the pack?what does that include? do you have the CND lamp? have you had training?

Latest posts

Back