Cleansing Bars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to use Priadara skin care products for my facials when I've finished my training. The thing is I have found that alot of people I practice on (friends & family) don't use anything on their poor skin apart from soap and water, which is doing them no good. When I suggest they cleanse, tone and moisturise they say they don't have the time, can't be bothered, don't remember to use products:rolleyes: etc.

So my question is does anyone use a professional cleansing bar. I would like to stock some to retail as these would still be in their comfort zone, (and not take any longer to use) but would be much better for their skin than the soap they are using?

Thanks in advance.:)

Sorry I don't know of any that will be good for the skin.

When clients say they don't have time for a long routeen I tell them to cleanse while in the shower and then toning and moisturising takes 2 mins!! Otherwise to use a cleanser that is pH balanced and does not need toner. (I can't believe they don't have 5 mins to spare though!)

Tell them they will be old wrinkly bags if they continue with the soap and water routeen!!! It is soooo bad for the skin-tell them the "science bit". Eductation is the key.

Beyond that you can't do much else, there's not helping some people :lol:

I know clinuque do one - not sure if thats professional?

The Clinique one is not pH balanced for the skin and is VERY alkaline.

The Clique one is not pH balanced for the skin and is VERY alkaline.

I used that for a while..terrible....the whole range. That Dramatically different moisturiser just gave me dramatically horrid spots !!!...lol x

Dermalogica has a cleansing bar. It is completely soap free. Contains Tea Tree, Lavender, and other good botanicals.

Yes i'd say dermalogica too ..... use alot of that product

Funny....I was discussing this yesterday with my mum....

We have a lady who lives opposite our salon, I did the makeup for her daughter's wedding, including hers. She has the most beautiful skin; unlined, smooth, hydrated, excellent tone. She's in her early fifties and looks marvellous! She doesn't look the type to be a product junkie, so I thought maybe she just has a fab but simple skincare regime going....I asked her and it turned out to be the simplest of the lot....soap and water, absolutely nowt else!:green:

I just told her to carry on using it if it's making her skin look that good! She said what a refreshing change to have someone say that, as many other beauty therapists had tried to tell her to stop and use 'such and such' cleanser and 'this and that' moisturisers.

I, personally, could never get away with using soap and water as my skin is dry and slightly sensitive, but this lady has a slightly oily skin and thrives on her soap and water regime!

Sorry for taking that slightly off subject, but just thought I'd share that sometimes things that don't work for some, do work for others!

The only cleansing bar that I have used and actually liked, has been Lush's Fresh Farmacy, afraid to say that no others skincare company's bar has come close.

hth

Why not try and talk to them about starting with a foaming face wash. That way it works in the same way as soap and it has the right ingredients in and it is starting them on the right path.

Thanks everyone for your replies. If clients are going to come and have facials long term then I think they will be persuaded into a skincare routine that suits their skin. Its really just the one off's (vouchers brought for their birthday) that can't be guided from their soap, even if its not doing their skin any good. I did wonder about Lush cleansing bars and will have to look at the Dermalogica ones.:)

Latest posts

Back