clear tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gracy

nutty geek
Reaction score
hello all :biggrin:

could someone help please, i am trying to use clear tips, do i leave them as they are and just cut the well out, or am i supposed to use them the same as velocity and formation by fileing them, when i do they seem to be very cloudy how do i keep them clear ? am puzzled or am i just a bit lol thick ;)

have done the search, and have gone through the instructions found, but they are still cloudy ?

shropshiredawn said:
have done the search, and have gone through the instructions found, but they are still cloudy ?
Hi ya babe,
When using the glass clear tips, pre-blend, either file out contac area or use little curved scissors........
then adhere to the nail after the usual prepping.........

Lightly buff the tip with a soft file, you only need to take of the shine, not score the tips.............I use the soft side of the yankee.........or the koala rougher side.......but lightly does it, baby buffing instead of grown up buffing lol....This way the overlay wont slide and lift of the tip........

Then proceed with with what ever takes ya fancy.........
If you are using clear L&P it will buff up crystal clear after wards.........
HTH

I too have had problems with the clear tips.

When you say file out the contact area do you mean the well area?

Shelley:confused:
Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya babe,
When using the glass clear tips, pre-blend, either file out contac area or use little curved scissors........
then adhere to the nail after the usual prepping.........

Lightly buff the tip with a soft file, you only need to take of the shine, not score the tips.............I use the soft side of the yankee.........or the koala rougher side.......but lightly does it, baby buffing instead of grown up buffing lol....This way the overlay wont slide and lift of the tip........

Then proceed with with what ever takes ya fancy.........
If you are using clear L&P it will buff up crystal clear after wards.........
HTH

YEP sorry I didn't make it clearer, yes well area ........
Sorry xxx

Sorry if i sound a bit thick lol but if i file out the well area then there is only the tip left which is butted up to the edge of the nail, wouldn't this make the tip more prone to come off?

Sorry to seem really thick now and your advise would be really appreciated.

Shelley
Nailsinlondon1 said:
YEP sorry I didn't make it clearer, yes well area ........
Sorry xxx

Nope the tip will be great, the strength of the tip is in the overlay.........
The tip is only there to add length not strength.............
the overlay will give it all the the strength it will need...........
HTH

Thanks for that its really helped as i've found if i've left the well area although filed down the end of the well area you can still see the tip through the nail (not at the free edge but the other end) which you really don't want to see - if that makes sense. I worked late tonight and there was 1 nail which i wasn't happy about, didn't have time to redo tonight but the lady is coming in tomorrow for me to redo the nail. I will try this on that nail tomorrow. Thanks again you've been really helpful.
Nailsinlondon1 said:
HTH

Hi

Sorry if i'm asking lots of questions but i would love to know when infilling/rebalancing and you've got slight lifting i've heard you don't file on the lift area. This is fine but do you file above of below the area?

Nailsinlondon1 said:
HTH

Shelley Clarke said:
Hi

Sorry if i'm asking lots of questions but i would love to know when infilling/rebalancing and you've got slight lifting i've heard you don't file on the lift area. This is fine but do you file above of below the area?

Thats right Shelley,
you meet the line rather then chasing it...........
if you got lifting in zone 3 the cuticle zone, then start you filing just below zone3, so you are working towards the lifting, rather then from the lifting towards the non lifting area.........
So you always start filing on the non lifted part of the enhancement and work towards the lifting..............
HTH

what are ya ruth,
A STAR!!!!!!!!!! :D were would we be without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back