clear tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenda

Reaction score
can any one help re clear tips please? are they applied with full cintact area? will scrub fresh cloud them and if i buff with white block pre acrilic application will it lose its glass like appearence also wat sort of nail art can i use to disguise the look at the free edge. hope some one will help pleazzzze :?

Wouldn`t mind knowing the answers to that myself. I have used them before and was told not to buff out contact area but you can see the line and I didn`t like it so never did it again. I do know you only use scrubfresh on the natural nail. I also know people who do not take the shine off some tips but I`ve never tried that either, not very daring am I?
Perhaps I better start playing......

whenever i apply a clear tip, i remove the majority of the well area first, i work on about a mm of contact. pre beld the tip by filling over the surface of the well, this will reduce filling once on the nail. i'll then apply and blend the tip. when blending a glass tip, remember to graduate your grits down to a white block, you want the nail tip smooth again, this is the only way you cankeep the clarity. also your choice of clear tip will determine the finished carity. some cheaper tips can still have a cloudy appearance when finished. i know with ezflow tips the glass tip will remain transparent after product application. now you also dont have to blend the glass tip. if you decide not to blend you want to use a little more resin and allow a TINY amount to seep onto the natural nail to seal and clarify the join. this works with full or half well tips or our new precision glass with a cut out smile line

antony

thanks thats a big help will i still get it a bit messy with adhesive at the free edge or will i get better with experience

you will get better with your adhesive. it practise knowing how much you'll needand then it can all still go wrong!!!!! ;) i use a brush on resin to apply my tips, i find it much easier

oh and regarding higing the free edge, i normally use glass tips for my colour and glitter work, this will help hide the growth line for you. they are also excellent for pink and white nails too

thanks again will try glitter or coloured ta very much

Hi Antony

Sorry to appear daft, but I can use the brush on resin I got with my Walk Of fame kit to apply tips then? As i don't do wraps!

Thanks
Sue

of course you can suey, thats the exact thing i use

antony

Hi

Is brush on resin better than adhesive, brush on or otherwise and can it be used to adhere all tips to natuaral nail. I have neve used resin (I am a gel user) only adhesive.

Julie

well firstly, they are all adhesives, its just the viscosity thats different and or course the name!!!! you can use resin, adhesive , glue, gel glue to apply tips, depends if you like a thicker adhesive or not. i personally dont, i like my thin resin, your adhesive

antony

Chemically a resin and an adhesive ARE slightly different.

They are both E Cynoacrylate but I am told by my chemists that a RESIN technically has an additive that makes it slightly more flexible than a straightforward EC adhesive.

Both are still perfectly OK to use to adhere tips. Like Anthony, I like the control of the brush on resins in the Fabric# range to adhere my tips.

ALSO there is more to the difference in the quality of resins than JUST viscosity. There are high grade and low grade resins, and it comes down to the manufacturing process as to how pure a resin is. The greater the number of steps in the manufacturing process, the more expensive the resin is.

EC can start at low grade (some of the signs are yellowing and fast aging) and some are pharmaceutical grade (used by dentists, Doctors and one or two nail companies that are willing to pay for the better quality and longer shelf life and wearability of the product).

It really is not just a matter of 'every company buys the same thing' as many think. CHEMICALLY the products can be the same or similar, but in QUALITY they can vary a lot.

Dang, i forgot about the viscosity and grade part, thanks geeg for helping out on that one very much appreciated

antony x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back