Client’s “silver” perception, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronzebrunette

Reaction score
I have a client who returned to me after a few years for colour today, her regrowth is predominantly grey, mid sections level 9 ends pale with silver shampoo - she wanted full head to match the ends, I prelightened the roots and the darker pieces through mid section, left out the ends, used Fanola No Yellow shampoo then after shampooing used wella 10/16 and 10/1 and it matched great I thought it really matched her “silverised” blonde hair that she was looking to replicate throughout the full head .... fast forward 4 hours she has phoned saying she is not happy with the colour, she doesnt want it to be blonde she wants it to be silver full head, and that she finds it too dark..

I have agreed for her to return tomorrow afternoon and explained that full head silver will lose any brightness but that I can lift the hair and recolour, or if she wanted it to be lighter (as she’s saying she feels it’s dark) that I can weave highlights throughout - she says she doesn’t want this as she doesn’t want to be blonde [emoji37]

I’m in knots here with what to go with I normally use Kenra or Schwartzkopf silver ranges but I really feel even the lightest options will be too “dark” for her

Any help/advice/tips?

I have a client who returned to me after a few years for colour today, her regrowth is predominantly grey, mid sections level 9 ends pale with silver shampoo - she wanted full head to match the ends, I prelightened the roots and the darker pieces through mid section, left out the ends, used Fanola No Yellow shampoo then after shampooing used wella 10/16 and 10/1 and it matched great I thought it really matched her “silverised” blonde hair that she was looking to replicate throughout the full head .... fast forward 4 hours she has phoned saying she is not happy with the colour, she doesnt want it to be blonde she wants it to be silver full head, and that she finds it too dark..

I have agreed for her to return tomorrow afternoon and explained that full head silver will lose any brightness but that I can lift the hair and recolour, or if she wanted it to be lighter (as she’s saying she feels it’s dark) that I can weave highlights throughout - she says she doesn’t want this as she doesn’t want to be blonde [emoji37]

I’m in knots here with what to go with I normally use Kenra or Schwartzkopf silver ranges but I really feel even the lightest options will be too “dark” for her

Any help/advice/tips?
Do you need to lift the hair more?
If you toned with 10/16+10/1 the hair is still technically a 10 then?
Technically you don't get lighter than a 10, so does she really want to be silver?
I always explain to my clients how they will always feel cooler colours are darker and that's because they absorb the light. Warmer /golden colour will always look brighter because the light bounces off it.
Can you jus lift out the toner? Maybe bleach and water to remove tone only. Then rethink your toner. Ask her to show a picture of what she likes and then you'll have the picture to refer back to. Have you tried kp 10/86?
Or colour touch 1 part 8/81+1 part 10/81+2parts 10/6?.
8/81+10/6 is lovely too.

Do you need to lift the hair more?
If you toned with 10/16+10/1 the hair is still technically a 10 then?
Technically you don't get lighter than a 10, so does she really want to be silver?
I always explain to my clients how they will always feel cooler colours are darker and that's because they absorb the light. Warmer /golden colour will always look brighter because the light bounces off it.
Can you jus lift out the toner? Maybe bleach and water to remove tone only. Then rethink your toner. Ask her to show a picture of what she likes and then you'll have the picture to refer back to. Have you tried kp 10/86?
Or colour touch 1 part 8/81+1 part 10/81+2parts 10/6?.
8/81+10/6 is lovely too.

Hiya thanks for the reply had her back in yesterday and we chatted and looked through pictures and talking through the shade chart together and eventuallyyyyyyy came out with this she loves it so I’m pleased it all came good in the end

674462d86a902f29c8d66dd52b2cbe2e.jpg

Hiya thanks for the reply had her back in yesterday and we chatted and looked through pictures and talking through the shade chart together and eventuallyyyyyyy came out with this she loves it so I’m pleased it all came good in the end

674462d86a902f29c8d66dd52b2cbe2e.jpg
What did you use? Looks lovely!

What did you use? Looks lovely!

Thank you it goes against everything I would ever do in regards to toning but I used 12/96 and /00 with pastel [emoji51]

Latest posts

Back