Client’s bleach gone wrong & wants to go darker? Advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empari93

Reaction score
So I asked my client to send me a pic of her hair in daylight, this is the best one I think to upload.. she's a natural dirty blonde 7 been dying her hair black for 10 years and attempted to go blonde in lock down. She's got it pretty light, but clearly it's very damaged, needs a cut.

I have explained I will not bleach it further even with a cut as I don't want to compromise any more, and now she is saying she wants dark blonde/light brown hair with lighter face framing strands. I've put pictures below.

My advice I need is, will I have to fill her hair first, or can I go in with the colours, I love using Wella, but unsure how to go about this!

Any help much appreciated, (I'm Newly qualified so building my portfolio up!)

Thank you

Attachments

• highlights brown hair  #highlights #brown #honey #sunkissed highlights brown hai….jpg
    highlights brown hair #highlights #brown #honey #sunkissed highlights brown hai….jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Middle Long Wave Wig.png
    Middle Long Wave Wig.png
    598.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 20.34.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 20.34.47.png
    679.2 KB · Views: 147
I'd definitely use colour touch to do this. I'd mix 6/71 +6/73 together for the root with 1.9% blend it down in to 8/71 + 6/71. For the lighter hair and face framing sections I'd put it in foils and apply 9/97 + 1.9% :)

I'd definitely use colour touch to do this. I'd mix 6/71 +6/73 together for the root with 1.9% blend it down in to 8/71 + 6/71. For the lighter hair and face framing sections I'd put it in foils and apply 9/97 + 1.9% :)

Thank you so much, I'm going to do this!

Sounds like you’re already doing really well as a newbie hairdresser. :)

I recommend that you insist on doing a skin test beforehand. If she has had Covid (she could be asymptomatic with no symptoms), it’s been suggested that it could make clients more vulnerable to allergic reactions. So probably best to err on the side of caution, even if she says she’s always been fine with colour.

Also, if the hair is very damaged, the colour will leach out much more quickly than it would normally, so make sure you explain that in your consultation. Suggest she uses a sulphate free shampoo and/or a coloured conditioner to add gloss. (Consider carrying a bit of stock to sell.)
Unfortunately, some clients are quick to blame the hairdresser when the colour doesn't last as long as they expected, when they’re the ones who caused the damage using box dyes. :oops:

also how much of each shall I put in 50/50?

Hi Rodney,do you think that same formula could be used on even a lighter blonde ,say a 12? Toned with 10/6&10?,sorry to barge in your chat

Hi Rodney,do you think that same formula could be used on even a lighter blonde ,say a 12? Toned with 10/6&10?,sorry to barge in your chat
Meant Ronray sorry, autocorrect

Yes it can, but depending on the underlying tones, you may want to tweek the formula slightly.

Thank you so much for your time:)

also how much of each shall I put in 50/50?
I hope it's not too late, but I'd say use your own descrection with the ratios. Generally 50:50 is a good starting point, and then if you need to, you can tweak it easily for the next appointment.

Latest posts

Back