Client’s scalp burnt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Has a client in for all over bleach on Thursday night, she is a regular and always needs it bleached twice to get the lift. Never had an issue before.

On second bleach application she said it was burning so we rinsed it straight off and applied a scalp mask to calm it down. She said it wasn't stinging anymore and wanted us to re bleach it as it's not light enough. I told her to wait until Saturday because I didn't want to put bleach on her scalp staright away. I didn't tone it either for this reason , we used a purple conditioner instead.

She didn't come in on Saturday and is now threatening to sue us because we have burnt her scalp and given her blisters and wants a full refund.... What do I do?

I've told her to come and see me on Tuesday to see her scalp .

I'm going to call NHF tommorow just feeling very stressed right now.

She can only sue if you’ve caused damage by being negligent, but you didn’t, so stop worrying.
Don’t forget, it’s for her to prove her case with factual evidence.
She would have had to visit a medical practitioner immediately and taken photo’s of the damage, otherwise, you could reasonably point out that she had requested you to re-bleach her hair again immediately and you had told her no. Also, it’s perfectly possible that she’s caused the damage by trying to lighten her hair herself as there was no sign of scalp damage when she was in your chair.

Honestly, these vexatious clients are getting tiresome. :rolleyes:

She can only sue if you’ve caused damage by being negligent, but you didn’t, so stop worrying.
Don’t forget, it’s for her to prove her case with factual evidence.
She would have had to visit a medical practitioner immediately and taken photo’s of the damage, otherwise, you could reasonably point out that she had requested you to re-bleach her hair again immediately and you had told her no. Also, it’s perfectly possible that she’s caused the damage by trying to lighten her hair herself as there was no sign of scalp damage when she was in your chair.

Honestly, these vexatious clients are getting tiresome. :rolleyes:
Thank you xx

Don’t worry about it, people are so litigious nowadays. Clients expect you to just admit to anything they accuse you of x

Latest posts

Back