Client allergic to water?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No luv I haven't seen her. I will let you know though.:biggrin:xx

My friend wants me to do her nails she has mentioned that she is allergic to water and has a rash. The doctor can't find what is wrong with her he thought it was shingles at first but also mention pit-or-ri-isis. I don't know how to spell it. Any way she says she is constantly itching and it's driving her mad. She is also allergic to water and the itching is worse when she has had a shower or a bath or even runs her water on her hands. I advised her to find out what it is and have it treated before having extensions. Has anybody heard of anything like this? Can I treat her? :|
People can be allergic to water. It’s extremely rare but it is a thing

I don’t comment very often on threads as there are usually great replies but sadly this thread is just wrong. Many people read these threads and take much needed advice from them so this really isn’t helpful and could be detrimental. Unless you are medically qualified you should not be making comments about how it’s impossible to be allergic to something. Urticaria is the medical name and I was allergic to different types of water on my skin for a long time but luckily pregnancy stop this. I have no idea why but it did. Luckily it wasn’t severe but it was enough to cause great irritation. So if you have a customer giving this information it should be taken very seriously and proper thought and care should be exercised otherwise you could cause someone harm.

I don’t comment very often on threads as there are usually great replies but sadly this thread is just wrong. Many people read these threads and take much needed advice from them so this really isn’t helpful and could be detrimental. Unless you are medically qualified you should not be making comments about how it’s impossible to be allergic to something. Urticaria is the medical name and I was allergic to different types of water on my skin for a long time but luckily pregnancy stop this. I have no idea why but it did. Luckily it wasn’t severe but it was enough to cause great irritation. So if you have a customer giving this information it should be taken very seriously and proper thought and care should be exercised otherwise you could cause someone harm.
Probably wise to give it it's proper name then:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquagenic_urticaria
Urticaria is just the name for hives of which there are many types

Wow what a nice reply. I wasn’t rude I was just giving a warning to not dismiss something just because you didn’t believe it could be correct unless you’re medically trained. No need for the curt reply.
Glad Wikipedia is a medical journal we can all learn to be a doctor from.

Wow what a nice reply. I wasn’t rude I was just giving a warning to not dismiss something just because you didn’t believe it could be correct unless you’re medically trained. No need for the curt reply.
Glad Wikipedia is a medical journal we can all learn to be a doctor from.

You specifically said that "sadly this thread is just wrong. Many people read these threads and take much needed advice from them so this really isn’t helpful and could be detrimental" - and I pointed out your comment was also wrong.

The condition of being allergic to water is not called 'Urticaria' it's called Aquagenic Urticaria - your statement would also be detrimental as it's incorrect. (happy now @Nails & brows ?)

I wasn't rude. You say curt, I say to the point.

Last edited:
You specifically said that "sadly this thread is just wrong. Many people read these threads and take much needed advice from them so this really isn’t helpful and could be detrimental" - and I pointed out your comment was also wrong.

The condition of being allergic to water is not called 'Urticaria' it's called Aquagenic Ulticaria - your statement would also be detrimental as it's incorrect.

Funnily enough this isn’t the first time you’ve been called rude. I’ve seen people state the same in previous posts. We can’t all be wrong.
You’ll find I’m correct (as I’ve been diagnosed with it and it didn’t need aquagenic beforehand. I’m not going to show you my medical records but can assure you that’s how it’s written). I’m not a doctor and only stated don’t rule things out or even laugh at the mere suggestion of something. Which is what people did on this thread.
Also whilst you’re berating me you better also get it right. It’s urticaria not ulticaria. So who’s wrong there then Dr Trinity?

Funnily enough this isn’t the first time you’ve been called rude. I’ve seen people state the same in previous posts. We can’t all be wrong.
You’ll find I’m correct (as I’ve been diagnosed with it and it didn’t need aquagenic beforehand. I’m not going to show you my medical records but can assure you that’s how it’s written). I’m not a doctor and only stated don’t rule things out or even laugh at the mere suggestion of something. Which is what people did on this thread.
Also whilst you’re berating me you better also get it right. It’s urticaria not ulticaria. So who’s wrong there then Dr Trinity?

I don't really much care if you think I'm rude, I'm not overly bothered if a hundred people call me rude. There are no specific rules about how many words a reply has to have.

Personally I think its rude to be hypocritcal by berating someone for providing incorrect information and then going on to provide incorrect information.

This post is specifically about an allergy to water - that is called Aquagenic Urticaria.
Urticaria - is an umbrella term for all and any types of hives

Dr Trinity
Sponsored By Wikipedia

Last edited:

The condition of being allergic to water is not called 'Urticaria' it's called Aquagenic Urticaria - your statement would also be detrimental as it's incorrect. (happy now @Nails & brows ?)

You were absolutely being rude.

I don't really much care if you think I'm rude, I'm not overly bothered if a hundred people call me rude. There are no specific rules about how many words a reply has to have.

Personally I think its rude to be hypocritcal by berating someone for providing incorrect information and then going on to provide incorrect information.

This post is specifically about an allergy to water - that is called Aquagenic Urticaria.
Urticaria - is an umbrella term for all and any types of hives

Dr Trinity
Sponsored By Wikipedia
Wow
Just wow

How about we all stop bickering over something out of our scope of pravtice and get back into the stuff that we are actually trained in. I mean a lot of us come here to learn and share our crafts. There isnt really a need to cut each other down. Make peace not war please. <3

Interesting thread. I Have a contact dermatitis/eczema on my hand that it’s triggered by most types of moisture even water. So what I tend to do is to dry my hands thoroughly agree washing and making sure there is literally no moisture and then put on whatever deemed necessary, I.e a really thick body butter cream or a steroid medicated cream or ointment. But that seems to manage it fairly well. Has your friend tried that. It might also be treatable with light therapy. Best bet is to see if she can be referred to a dermatologist and an allergen expert to see what is the triggers in the water etc. I think the pure water idea is a good idea because it can be an element in the water. Good luck

Original post is from 2011, I doubt the OP is still looking at the replies.

Latest posts

Back