Client always cancelling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirhair11

Reaction score
I have this client who I had in a salon I was in and she has highlights and cut and finish and has been with my since I started mobile the last 3 years, but in the last year she has seriously messed me around, to the point that on one appointment before I went on holiday ( so I was very busy that week ) I turned up at her door At 9 o'clock and could hear her in there and I stood outside for Half an hour calling her and knocking and she didn't answer, she then messaged an hour later saying sorry and all these excuses as to why she couldn't answer the door and started saying how she's been nothing but loyal to me so I shouldn't be moaning. Yes she hasn't gone to anyone else but she messes me around so much as I can put money on every appointment she has she will cancel last minute.
Once again she cancelled last week but only does it the night before when she is due in that morning so that barely gives me anytime to replace her appointment. So she rebooked for this morning and yesterday I checked with her to see if she was still wanting that appointment and she said yes but can't pay me till this afternoon so I said I have no time to come all the way back to pick up the money so she said that's fine. Then this morning an hour before her appointment she has cancelled. Long post sorry but do I keep putting up with this or say sorry but your gonna have to find someone else? Seriously wasting my time and I'm the one looking silly keep putting up with [emoji35] sorry for the rant lol

Maybe state that due to your business expanding you are thankful for her loyal custom iver the years but now if she contacts you the day she requires her appointment and you will try to fit her in or you will require non refundable booking fee X

Very selfish! Don't take a booking unless it's your last one in the evening on your way home. And defiantly at Christmas extra do not be squeezing her in. She's s mess !

Very selfish! Don't take a booking unless it's your last one in the evening on your way home. And defiantly at Christmas extra do not be squeezing her in. She's s mess !

I know I always go out of my way for her aswell, this is probs really sad but I've actually counted and she has done it 26 times!! Whether it's changing the time last minute, cancelling for another day or leaving me standing outside her front door! Yeah I will start doing that as she always wants it first thing!

Maybe state that due to your business expanding you are thankful for her loyal custom iver the years but now if she contacts you the day she requires her appointment and you will try to fit her in or you will require non refundable booking fee X
Yes that's what I will start doing, i just know I'm gonna get a lot of grief back in the messages and I really don't need it X

Ignore her grief if she texts back and is horrible say I'm really sorry I'm unable to accomadate your needs further and wish you all the best for the future then ignore her like she did to you on her doorstep she's very rude sounds like you don't need the Agro why she believes she can treat you like this ;( x

It's definitely time to tell her firmly to find a new hairdresser.
You've given her plenty of leeway.

Try to think of it as 'you're providing a service but you're not her servant!'

Tell her you are 'letting her go' and then block her number so you dont have to see any abusive messages that she sends you.

I would definitely not do this client again , how rude ! I would do as previous geek advised and block her

I would send a message saying "I am no longer able to be your hairdresser, effective immediately. " Then block and no further contact,no matter what. Don't apologize and don't engage with her.

Thanks everyone I'm definitely gonna tell her to find someone else, also I'm just wondered about her saying things about me on Facebook as that has been my best point of advertising and I can imagine she would go out of her way, but still I have all the messages and cancellations and I definitely cannot take it anymore I still can't get my head around how anyone can do it! Especially 26 times lol! Thanks everyone xx

I think you can block people from your business page.
You've put up with a lot, I'm actually shocked it's been 26 times!!
What a joke.
It's not even worth booking her at the end of the day, as it could be a slot where you would have a genuine loyal paying customer!
I think as others have said its time to let her go!
Good luck with it all X

I know I always go out of my way for her aswell, this is probs really sad but I've actually counted and she has done it 26 times!! Whether it's changing the time last minute, cancelling for another day or leaving me standing outside her front door! Yeah I will start doing that as she always wants it first thing!

I agree with everything that has been said! But also if you've always gone out of your way for her, with all due respect you've probably not helped the issue either as she thinks she can get away with it!! If you do want to keep her, first I would lay down some SERIOUS GROUNDRULES!! Tell her your new booking system..... 50% non-refundable booking fee & all cancellations MUST be done 24 hours prior to appointment or the full amount is payable!! If you want to give her this last shot, see what happens! But in the back of my mind I'd be thinking 1 more out your out lady!!!

I agree with everything that has been said! But also if you've always gone out of your way for her, with all due respect you've probably not helped the issue either as she thinks she can get away with it!! If you do want to keep her, first I would lay down some SERIOUS GROUNDRULES!! Tell her your new booking system..... 50% non-refundable booking fee & all cancellations MUST be done 24 hours prior to appointment or the full amount is payable!! If you want to give her this last shot, see what happens! But in the back of my mind I'd be thinking 1 more out your out lady!!!
Yeah that's right, I completely agree that she probably does it everytime because she knows I won't say anything, normally my answer is 'ok then let me know if you would like to re book' but the one time I said something the time she ignored the door to me, I said I understand but I would have really appreciated a message to just say you can't have it done today instead of leaving me standing outside your front door for half hour, and that's when she was like I've always been Loyal to you, never messed you around I was like Ermmm... Ok then I thought that was the last of her but then weeks later asked me to do it, I'm awful at confrontation especially if I know I still have to do their hair lol, thanks though I think I'm just gonna get rid altogether!

Thanks everyone glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a complete joke, I'm just terrible at confrontation especially if I still have to do the hair, but I'm definitely gonna say I'm not doing it anymore x

Either get her to pay upfront for her appointments (non refundable) or tell her that you are really sorry but you're too busy from now on and your books are full.

I feel sorry for you because you're probably scared she will bad mouth you. I have the same problem with someone but true soon stop messing about when they have to put money on their appointment upfront! X

Either get her to pay upfront for her appointments (non refundable) or tell her that you are really sorry but you're too busy from now on and your books are full.

I feel sorry for you because you're probably scared she will bad mouth you. I have the same problem with someone but true soon stop messing about when they have to put money on their appointment upfront! X
Yeah that's right I am quite worried as we've had some personal chats over the years before she turnt like this and I'm worried what she would put on Facebook which is my best place of advertising but at the same time I have all the messages that show that everytime she cancels or changes time I always reply nicely and say ok then or that's fine, towards the end I am a bit more blunt with her but that's because I'm so fed up with her keep rearranging! I think I just want to get rid altogether as its not even a nice atomsphere going round there anymore X

Latest posts

Back