Client being ill during treatment...........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
OH NO............. just finished with my last client of the day boy am I glad.
Chatting away about her stressfully day,bumped car, hubby lay ed off can`t get a wii etc.(how unlucky are some people).

Prepped up and applied her tips was up to the second nail with acrylic when she says I am sorry do you mind if I use the loo? Then I hear it! She is vomiting. When she comes out I suggested I just remove the tips it would be easy as only two had nails with acrylic on and we can sort this when she is better. She says she is fine don`t know what came over her must just be stressed and she had rushed her tea to get to me on time no pains feels fine insists she is ok and wants to continue.

Anyway rather than waffle on she was sick twice again whilst I was doing her nails and refused to leave without me completing insisting she was fine (I did keep sterilizing her hands) what more could I have done or what would you have done?

personally i wouldnt have touched her after the 1st go. cross fingers you don't get it there are a lot of bugs going round

blimey!
bet she was mortified!!!

no, I think you did the right thing, you showed empathy, you didn't embarrass her and you didn't add to her stress levels, plus you sterilised each time.

How awful for you!! If I had been your client you wouldn't have seen my heels for dust after the first vomit! How she continued like that I do not know.

You dealt with it well, given that she was soooo persistant. It would have been my preference for her to leave really but I know what some folk can be like :hug:. You did well

I had a client similar to this not so long ago, except she had the runs, and insisted that I carry on after each trip to MY loo!!
Luckily she only lived up the road, so after three times I said she had to phone her hubby to come and get her and we would pick up where we left off in a couple of days time!
She was fine with it, but I could see things couldnt carry on the way they were going.

You dealt with the situation well! xxx

Gosh what a situation to be in, I'd have been mortified if that was me and would have made a swift exit. But she may really have wanted them doing after her hard time, the car crash made have had mild concusion. I think you handled it professionally, you couldn't say "leave the building you've been sick" now could you?

You probably made her feel much better too.

So well done!

As a client I personally would have felt it was unfair on you and left....you cant be at someones house and keep going loo to be sick...!!

As the nail tech i think you behaved better than i would have done....i think i would have insisted that she went home. I would have been terrified of her collapsing or something.

Yes I would have left swiftly left had it of been me. But she was mortified My husband even offered to drive her home and bring her husband back to collect her car. She was persistent and wanted them damn nails done.

There are loads of bugs going around and to be honest I think if she would have left after the first time she was sick the damage is done the bug is then air born and I just thought well if I am goner get it I will. I just hope its not tomorrow I'M GOING TO LEEDS. lol.

Personally, now I know we are all different - but I am Emetophobic (irrational fear of vomit / people vomiting / vomiting myself)

As soon as I heard her, I would have gone out of my house, left everything exactly where it was and gone to my mums, away from the germs, and not returned for about 2 weeks. This is NO lie, my fear is THAT bad.

There is no way on gods earth I would have done her nails after that, not even offered to remove them, sod losing the client! I would of told her to leave immediately.

It makes me angry that she thinks its 'OK' - I'm throwing my guts up, I'm probably contagious and will give it to you, but I'm going to sit here and spread my germs anyway!

I dont know how you coped. I wouldnt of. At all. xx

Personally, now I know we are all different - but I am Emetophobic (irrational fear of vomit / people vomiting / vomiting myself)

As soon as I heard her, I would have gone out of my house, left everything exactly where it was and gone to my mums, away from the germs, and not returned for about 2 weeks. This is NO lie, my fear is THAT bad.

There is no way on gods earth I would have done her nails after that, not even offered to remove them, sod losing the client! I would of told her to leave immediately.

It makes me angry that she thinks its 'OK' - I'm throwing my guts up, I'm probably contagious and will give it to you, but I'm going to sit here and spread my germs anyway!

I dont know how you coped. I wouldnt of. At all. xx

I am emetophobic too so in this instance i would have just left my own house and not returned for at least a week. No Joke, i cant cope at all with anything to do with vomit.

Fificharlie, there is a fabby support group online, about emetophobia - emetonline.co.uk, some great advice on there.

If you want to PM me anytime we can support each other as I completely understand this phobia kinda rules your life on a daily basis. Loads of people think i'm daft for being so afraid of it but it's hard to explain to people that dont suffer from it :hug::hug:

Maybe she is pregnant and doesn't realise yet? Personally if i hear someone throwing up, i want to as well.:eek: I guess if she is still sick at the next app then my theory could be correct..did she hurl when the monomer was out? You are a true soldier though,lol:hug:

What an awful experience .... you did well to see it through to the end.

Rightio girls - I would have definitely finished the work there and then - I know that she would have been disappointed - but as you have said if in her position you would have ................

Anyhow, just a point - in the above posts (two of them) there is a mistake - see if you can see it (not been a pain but trying light heartedly to see if you can see what the error is without pointing fingers :hug:)

I would be seriously distressed amongst other things, if it happened to me :wink2: :eek:

i have no idea Debbie..??

I didn't want to say.....but Sterilising!!!

Did the client get stuffed in an autoclave for this or just boiled in water for 20 mins :lol:

I knew it was meant to be sanitise...so wasn't going to say!

It's part of the procedure when carrying out a nail service :wink2:

SORRY Izzi - missed your post - and yes you are right :hug: xxxx

Doh...when you said 2 above posts i looked at the 2 directly above your post debbie...:lol:...

Doh...when you said 2 above posts i looked at the 2 directly above your post debbie...:lol:...
:hug::hug: bless you Angie - that is exactly the sort of thing I would do :lol::lol: I thought it was strange as I knew you would know!!!

Soz - Yes perhaps I should have put her in the autoclave she might have got the message then.lol. Have since spoken to her and she was fine when she got home (still says it was stress and rushing her tea).

Fortunately I haven`t been ill so no harm done. YET!
Will perhaps have to be a little more assertive if it happens again. :)

Latest posts

Back