Client cancelling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellynn

Reaction score
I had a new client book with me for her nails a couple of weeks ago. She text me the night before her 12pm app and said she didn't feel well and could we rearrange to the week after. I rearranged and did her nails the week after. She was booked in yesterday at 12pm again and she text me at 10am to say she didn't feel well and could we rearrange. I could only do this morning at 10am and she said that was fine. This morning she has text and said she still doesn't feel well and can I fit her in next week instead! I'm fully booked next week so I've said I can't. Now she is asking the week after. With it being the school hols I'm only working evenings that week and I'm reluctant to book her in in case she cancels again and I miss out on business again.

I do not currently have a cancellation policy stated so I think I need to do that.

What would you do about this client?

If you really want to book her in then you can decide on your policy, tell her it and/or ask for a deposit.

Ask for a non refundable deposit before agreeing to book the appointment slot.

Clients can suffer from chronic ill health but explain that you can't afford to lose business as a result of a late cancellation. If you are able to fill a cancelled slot, you could offer to refund her deposit.

If I have a client that genuinely has a chronic illness - I just say to them "give me a ring before 9 am when you're having a good day and I'll try to fit you in"
So at least this way it avoids cancellations and fills last minute gaps you may have (which probably wouldn't fill anyway)

On a positive - this client does let you know if she's not coming.

The ones I hate are the total no shows that don't even respond to a polite message [emoji51]

Thank you for your replies. How would you word asking for a deposit? I'm fairly new to this and I think I'm still a bit soft for fear of upsetting people! I have just looked at her fb page though and she has posted a pic of her sunbathing in the garden!!

I'd just say yes that's fine, as you've cancelled previously there's a non returnable deposit required of £X etc

I would say to her.
No problem, I can cancel that for you.
When you want to rebook call me on the day and I'll see what I have for you.
Get well soon

Thank you for your replies. How would you word asking for a deposit? I'm fairly new to this and I think I'm still a bit soft for fear of upsetting people! I have just looked at her fb page though and she has posted a pic of her sunbathing in the garden!!
Fire her!!

I started a good thread on this a while ago check it out its called "clients not turning up"
This has been a massive (£400 in the last 4 weeks) problem for me!
Geeks put some great ideas on there for me to use

Latest posts

Back