Client colour reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
Hello I used wella colours for years and never had any problems but the last few years we've been using matrix.
We always do a skin test but when we used wella I don't remember ever having a client that reacted however since using matrix quite a few clients (new clients) who we test seem to react.
Has anyone else found this? It's like something is stronger?

I haven’t used matrix for years so I can’t really comment on the difference in chemicals used by the two companies.

However, if you performed skin tests using Wella, I suspect that the new clients would still react anyway.
I think that in general, more people are beginning to react to the increase in chemicals they are being exposed to from quite a young age. For instance, no-one had allergies to nuts when I was at school but it’s a lot more prevalent now.

I do wonder about the long term implications of exposing young children to potentially toxic nail and hair chemicals, so I’m firm about not colouring anyone who is under 16 yrs.

I haven’t used matrix for years so I can’t really comment on the difference in chemicals used by the two companies.

However, if you performed skin tests using Wella, I suspect that the new clients would still react anyway.
I think that in general, more people are beginning to react to the increase in chemicals they are being exposed to from quite a young age. For instance, no-one had allergies to nuts when I was at school but it’s a lot more prevalent now.

I do wonder about the long term implications of exposing young children to potentially toxic nail and hair chemicals, so I’m firm about not colouring anyone who is under 16 yrs.
Yes you could be right! It does seem as though more people are reacting to colours in general. Thank you anyway

Latest posts

Back