Client complaint-what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
On Saturday a client came in for an ombre colour with on did our experienced stylists. However she did not like the result and it was more like a half head highlights than an ombre (which it was) so came back in that afternoon for a redo which we did free of charge and she was happy with. However since then she has made a compliant against the original stylist saying she was rude and was asking another member or staff what to do all the way through her appt and told the client "I've not done this before." The client also says when she came back in the original stylist was very rude and didn't apologise to her and was giving her daggers across the salon.
We have has a few problems with the stylist before being sullen, looking miserable, appearing a bit rude etc so definitely needs addressing again with her.
However the client is now asking for compensation for her hair even though we have done it again free of charge. Do you think we should offer compensation in this case? She has been very blunt in her complaints etc and said she'd take it further if we don't offer something. She has also posted a negative 1* review on our Facebook page and 3 members of her family have done the same which has reduced our 5* rating and shown on the page.
When she booked the appt she did ask for our offer price (£50 highlights and cut) but I explained that was with a graduate stylist who we wouldn't book an ombre with so the cost would be higher and she cancelled the appt then called again to rebook it so I don't know of she's just trying it on to get a discount now.
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Hmm, sounds like she might be chancing it..
Still, Def need to bring stylist in for meeting go re her attitude especially if it's not the first time.

What exactly does she want compensation for? You ensured that her hair was corrected on the day free of charge, I can't understand what she feels she should be compensated for?

You've already corrected the problem and then for her to give you a 1 star review seems very cheeky. I definitely wouldn't be falling over to offer her any further discounts.

However, if your stylist is employed by the salon, you need to deal with her bad attitude as a matter of urgency otherwise, you risk losing a lot of business.

When I had a complaint I dealt with it same as you and redid the hair at no charge. I also gave the client a 20% off voucher off her next colour service to make up for her being inconvenienced by having to come back. 8 weeks later she did rebook which I was surprised about as didn't think I would see her again! Maybe you could do something that as a gesture of goodwill?

She's saying that she wants a FULL refund and a voucher for another of our salons (which we can't give as we have a chain of salons but all owned by different family members so run separately) to compensate her for having to be in the salon away from her baby for 6hours. She's being ridiculous isn't she?!

I did think about a voucher giving discount for the next service....

I would just say as per your terms and conditions, that you don't provide refunds on services, the service itself has been rectified so the matter is now closed but here is a voucher for your branch and make sure you put a time limit on it and that it is not transferable so she can't give it to anyone else!
I have my T's & C's on my website. She is not legally entitled to a refund so if she says she is going to trading standards etc, let her, she won't get very far. You have shown willing to put the situation right, she is now satisfied with her hair so you are not obliged to do anything else. I do think people should get things in perspective, with all the news stories about Nepal etc, I think people over react about things that seem trivial in comparison!

Thanks for that I think that's what I will do. I don't think she'll be happy with it to be honest but it's all I'm going to offer

Thanks for that I think that's what I will do. I don't think she'll be happy with it to be honest but it's all I'm going to offer

Can't please everyone all of the time. And clients like you are better off without. They suckling the life out of you.

Stick to your guns. I think you've done the right thing.

You have rectified the problem. I would thank her for her feedback on your stylist and go through some extra training with her in regards to customer service and ombré.

If you want to, you could give her a small discount coupon for your salon only, expiring within 2 months. Non transferable and no cash alternative. I wouldn't go out of my way for someone who was being so rude.

Can you comment on the Facebook reviews? Perhaps you could put a small comment saying those people had not been clients of yours but you would be delighted to change their opinion if they would like to book a service. On her review you could mention what had been done to rectify the situation and now she is pleased with the outcome xx

Can't please everyone all of the time. And clients like you are better off without. They suckling the life out of you.

SUCK the life out of you. Damn auto correct. ..

Latest posts

Back