Client decided hair is too light!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
Had a nice client today base 7 but had previous blonde highlights and were practically grown out she has some blonde On the ends so she wanted her colour refreshed and fresh blonde highlights put in. No probs used 7/07 which we agreed with some bleach and pastel highlights scattered. Both happy with result only to get a text an hour ago saying it's too light and she wants it darker now but still with the blonde highlights. Any suggestions on the best way to do this as I now am thinking will need to use a 6/0 but obviously the highlights are there already so is there a way I could apply colour and leave some highlights?? Hope this makes sense :/

Hey, you could just take out the highlights u want to keep and foil them in talc and conditioner :)

What about doing some lowlights through it, being careful to leave the blonde xx

Yeah I was going to say about maybe doing some darker Foils thru it to tone down some of the blonde also x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why dont you tone it but tone it to tone it down? I do this quite a lot

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I would just go back in with more 7/07,

Ask her if she means more of the dark she has or darker than what see has.

I thought about both options maybe dark all over and putting conditioner in foils and also just putting lowlights In all over leaving out the blonde but not sure what would be the best option :/ yeah she wants darker than the 7/07 so not more of it just darker in general. This being mobile is harder than I thought it would be!! Trying to establish what the client wants and what you think she wants is totally different although she was happy with the colour at end result. Also would you charge for it again or not? Or just maybe cost of colour?

Why dont you tone it but tone it to tone it down? I do this quite a lot

How do you Mean? Excuse my stupidity lol.

You know when you tone it to eliminate yellow or whatever... sometimes ill tone it down all over at the backwash with maybe an 8/03 ct or maybe even a 7/03... obviously depending what they want. Just stops it being so in your face blonde

You know when you tone it to eliminate yellow or whatever... sometimes ill tone it down all over at the backwash with maybe an 8/03 ct or maybe even a 7/03... obviously depending what they want. Just stops it being so in your face blonde

Yeah well I done that with her blonde highlights today but no she's decided she wants darker all over. The 7/07 isn't dark enough for her. So now I need to decide on how I'm going to go about it :/

Think I'd just use some foils with the conditioner on the blonde & use a 6/07 as a toner through the rest of it - good luck x

Yeah well I done that with her blonde highlights today but no she's decided she wants darker all over. The 7/07 isn't dark enough for her. So now I need to decide on how I'm going to go about it :/

Mobile or salon it's still the same consultation. Did you agree on that shade? If so and she's changed her mind then she pays. If it's not what she asked for then I wouldn't charge.

It's a shame as it sounds like your going to have to re do the whole head.

I think I will have to re do the whole head :( and use conditioner and talc to leave some blonde out. Soul destroying isn't it all your hard work feels like a waste to need to go do it all again and yes it is the shade she agreed so think I will have to ask her to pay something to at least cover the cost of products.

Yeah if you tone it darker all over it will be darker all over?????

Yeah if you tone it darker all over it will be darker all over?????

I can't tone it all over as I need to go darker than a 7 so how could I tone with a 6 all over when I need to leave some blonde highlights???

Appointment is tomorrow morning so I think I am going to foil with conditioner and put the 6/0 or 6/3 over the rest

Ahh right. Sorry. I sometimes find ot difficult to understand the posts on here. Probs will just have to go through again with the 6

Latest posts

Back