Client details

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabby

Reaction score
when booking in new clients, for your records, what do you need to have
I take a contact number, email, address, year of birth and have an optional section for known allergies, am I missing something or am i asking too much? Only because I’ve noticed some clients creating a salon account and stopping at email, I have an online system which requires clients to make a quick online account, literally takes 60 seconds.

I think that covers it. We ask for full name, DOB, contact number, email and allergies for colour clients. They're the necessary things I believe so no one should have a problem with them :)

I think that covers it. We ask for full name, DOB, contact number, email and allergies for colour clients. They're the necessary things I believe so no one should have a problem with them :)
Do I need to have their address?

I don't see why unless you send out leaflets or promotional vouchers but that can easily be done by text or email

Do you need to have it and why?
I think it would be best to! If you have a problem client come in, they will refuse to give it to you. If they refuse, no service. Having an address means if they don’t pay, you can send them an invoice and it makes it easier to chase payment, maybe I’m just paranoid?

It's totally up to you, but I think if they're refusing to pay, then an invoice wouldn't help and you would just end up going to court and it being costly for you.

I always take their address as we send out a lot of products. It helps if it’s done at the beginning. It also give me an idea where they’ve come from. I like to know how far people have travelled to visit my salon and sometimes why they chose me over someone nearer [emoji6]

Vic x

In best case you would need as much information about your customer as possible, in order to provide the most personalized experience for your clients. But make sure not to push too hard, and collect as much as your client feels comfortable sharing.

Latest posts

Back