Client doesn't like design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Hi all!

I did a lovely design on a client this morning (she wasn't sure at first but then settled on it) and she left very happy, tipped me £3 too.

I just got a phone call from her... "Emily, my nails are beautiful and I love them... But they're just not me! My husband loves them too. I've put them up against my dress for the wedding and the more I look at them the more I want them off! Your work is stunning but I'd like to go back to Rubble Shellac. I'm fully aware that I'll have to pay again so can you fit me in?"

She's booked in today, just over 7 hours after they were first applied! Nowt as queer as folk.

I've said I'll do a repaint for £15 because I appreciate her honesty and she's a very loyal client. It just made me laugh and I had to share it with you! What would you have done? :D

Xxx

What did you do to her nails that she doesn't like?

Hi all!

I did a lovely design on a client this morning (she wasn't sure at first but then settled on it) and she left very happy, tipped me £3 too.

I just got a phone call from her... "Emily, my nails are beautiful and I love them... But they're just not me! My husband loves them too. I've put them up against my dress for the wedding and the more I look at them the more I want them off! Your work is stunning but I'd like to go back to Rubble Shellac. I'm fully aware that I'll have to pay again so can you fit me in?"

She's booked in today, just over 7 hours after they were first applied! Nowt as queer as folk.

I've said I'll do a repaint for £15 because I appreciate her honesty and she's a very loyal client. It just made me laugh and I had to share it with you! What would you have done? :D

Xxx

The same as you x

I would have done the same too, just reduced my normal price a bit for her honesty and booked her as soon as could :)

Oh bless her and how kind of you. I'd have charged her full price in all honesty, but that's me. Why would I have charged full price? Well yes you've already done the ground work of file, shape, cuticle removed but soak off, product, wraps and time pretty much equals this- so full price it is. Also if I had another full paying client wanting that slot and I booked her in over the full price I'd be out of pocket. OK she is a loyal client which counts for a lot, but I be mindful of not setting a precident for the future. Just my thoughts honey :D

Oh bless her and how kind of you. I'd have charged her full price in all honesty, but that's me. Why would I have charged full price? Well yes you've already done the ground work of file, shape, cuticle removed but soak off, product, wraps and time pretty much equals this- so full price it is. Also if I had another full paying client wanting that slot and I booked her in over the full price I'd be out of pocket. OK she is a loyal client which counts for a lot, but I be mindful of not setting a precidethisnt for the future. Just my thoughts honey :D

This. Just make sure it's a one off or she'll assume the same again x

Thanks, ladies!

Mixed opinions, I understand why some would charge full price BUT as well as the points made by happyfeet above, it was a free slot that wasn't going to be taken, she had already tipped (so not a huge loss on my part), the Shellac removed much easier due to the amount of time it was (or wasn't) on, she is a loyal client AND she was very apologetic - I think I've kept myself a client here, and her daughter comes to me too so I definitely earn enough from her :D

Really appreciate the replies, maybe I would have handled it differently had it been someone else under different circumstances? She has just left, the appointment took 35 minutes and she's over the moon :)

Definitely not the type to take advantage and she actually seemed embarrassed that she had changed her mind so I don't think it'll happen again! Made me chuckle though...

Xxx

For what it's worth I think you did the right thing, You've given her great customer service and I bet she'll tell a few people about how nice and understanding you were about the situation... might gain a few extra clients.

There are customers who will look for the cheapest service and the are customers who will look for the best service, good customer service is just as much a part of the service as the shellac application.

Thanks, ladies!

Mixed opinions, I understand why some would charge full price BUT as well as the points made by happyfeet above, it was a free slot that wasn't going to be taken, she had already tipped (so not a huge loss on my part), the Shellac removed much easier due to the amount of time it was (or wasn't) on, she is a loyal client AND she was very apologetic - I think I've kept myself a client here, and her daughter comes to me too so I definitely earn enough from her :D

Really appreciate the replies, maybe I would have handled it differently had it been someone else under different circumstances? She has just left, the appointment took 35 minutes and she's over the moon :)

Definitely not the type to take advantage and she actually seemed embarrassed that she had changed her mind so I don't think it'll happen again! Made me chuckle though...

Xxx

I don't think you did the wrong thing honey, just saying how I would have handled it if it was me lovely :Kissing:

I think we all know our own clients and how important they are to us. If I'm totally honest, I would probably have done it for free for a really good client - mind you she did say she knew she would have to pay! I can't bear the thought of people not being happy with my work, and offer firstly an opportunity to put it right, and if still not happy, a money back guarantee, although I have never had to give a client their money back! I think it is so important to go the extra mile for the good'uns!

I think we all know our own clients and how important they are to us. If I'm totally honest, I would probably have done it for free for a really good client - mind you she did say she knew she would have to pay! I can't bear the thought of people not being happy with my work, and offer firstly an opportunity to put it right, and if still not happy, a money back guarantee, although I have never had to give a client their money back! I think it is so important to go the extra mile for the good'uns!
that extra mile is all important :)
I'd have done the same with a reduced treatment esp as she had already tipped and the slot was going spare ;) Xx

I don't think you did the wrong thing honey, just saying how I would have handled it if it was me lovely :Kissing:

Oh absolutely! I appreciate the reply too because if it ever happens again (which I hope it doesn't, I want everyone to love what I've given them) then I can possibly do it differently :)

Thanks everyone! I definitely feel I did the right thing for this particular client ;)

Xxx

I know I'm late to reply to this (Aussie time difference) but yep, I would have done the same for a loyal, honest client like this.

If you believe the research, it's a situation like this that is so positive for the client that she will now go and possibly tell 10 other people about her lovely nail tech,
or
had you have not been so nice, it's that type of situation where she will tell everybody she knows (not just 10) how horible her tech is cause she has been loyal to her for ages, tips well etc etc and at a time in need, the tech couldn't care less.

So looking at it this way, you have definitely done the right thing, too many businesses these days forget about loyalty from clients/customers but it counts more than we realize sometimes:)

Glad everything worked out well for both of you.

I know I'm late to reply to this (Aussie time difference) but yep, I would have done the same for a loyal, honest client like this.

If you believe the research, it's a situation like this that is so positive for the client that she will now go and possibly tell 10 other people about her lovely nail tech,
or
had you have not been so nice, it's that type of situation where she will tell everybody she knows (not just 10) how horible her tech is cause she has been loyal to her for ages, tips well etc etc and at a time in need, the tech couldn't care less.

So looking at it this way, you have definitely done the right thing, too many businesses these days forget about loyalty from clients/customers but it counts more than we realize sometimes:)

Glad everything worked out well for both of you.

Thank you :)

Xxx

Latest posts

Back