Client had patch test but doesn't want them done yet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score

Last edited:
I'd guess a newbie setting up business and seeing how you work. Not unusual for new nail techs to go to local salons to get their nails done and check out set ups, etc,. Lets face it, its not unusual for clients to ask for specific treatments just to see how its done before trying to DIY at home.

Last edited:
That’s a thought, it certainly could be, that has happened before. What would you do?

Nothing you can do, as long as they are paying for your time you are not losing out.

Last edited:
What about the treatment being so far from the patch test? Is that safe? I’ve never needed more than a few days between them so bit unsure if it’s best practice.

Sorry, no idea, I don't do beauty

With Flirties who I trained with, I was actually told that a patch test is valid for a whole 6 months! Check what your brand of lash lift brand says xx

Last edited:
Hi I've been doing lashes for years so I'm surprised I haven't had this question to ask you before. But thats great because I love to learn.

How long do you allow between patch test and lash lifting? It’s been so many years and I’ve not needed to question it before..
when clients come to me for patch tests they are always really excited to get their lashes or brows done and book 48hrs later or as close to that as possible depending on my schedule.

Client in yesterday booked and paid for her patch test almost a month ago and came yesterday for it.

Was quite confused as she explained she had tried lots of places over the years and her lashes never lifted. So of course I was thinking why are you still paying for them?? I wish I had asked but I felt uncomfortable around her but couldn't tell if it was red flags or my extreme anxiety making me feel that way incorrectly and I need your help to confirm which it is.

I went over prep and aftercare and she said she had never once received it before from anywhere. Named dropped a brand and a salon. She said she never wears makeup, mascara, never uses any skincare and never uses moisturiser so that wouldn't have affected her lashes she had had before.

So I'm now like...a woman that cares about how her lashes looks is saying she never even uses moisturiser which I’m finding hard to believe. Then she says curlers and mascara ‘don’t work on her lashes’ so she has worn mascara so she’s then she’s gone back on her previous statement. Which I also found strange. I checked her lashes and they were not super strong or anything, so there’s no reason a lash lift should not work.

She said one lady she had years ago couldn’t do it the first time so left it on longer and it did work. But she had previously said ‘they have never lifted anywhere I have been before.’

So twice said something and then revealed the initial statement as untrue...

So I said I’m happy to go ahead as long as she understands I won’t do a refund if it doesn’t work, wrote it down and she signed it.

Then she said ‘yes you have to be careful because everyone sues.’ Now nobody talks about those kind of things to me except one that turned out to be after my money and caused a lot of problems.

So next she refuses to book in 48hrs later for her lash lift..why book the patch test almost a month in advance when the service online is called ‘patch test book this 48hrs before you want your lashes.’ It was reiterated to her in her appt reminders as that is the service name.

She then refuses to book in this coming week or the next and wants to come in 3 weeks time... we agreed she would send me photos of her patch test areas to confirm they are fine and do when she wanted..but now I’m really concerned she’s goong to cause trouble.

I’m so suspicious. Which I can’t stand because I know my anxiety causes me to think things when people are entirely innocent so it is also making me feel guilty for thinking this.

Can you give me your insights? Alarm bells are ringing to me.

Ooh definitely alarm bells with that one. Good, I’m glad you’re not doing her. I think anxiety can be useful, sounds like you have a good radar [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back