Client had reaction to tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
hi guys i had one of my regulars in on Saturday for her usual wax and eyebrow tint, her daughter in law has just been in this afternoon ( while i was busy with another client) and spoke to the hairdresser and told her she had a reaction over the weekend her eyebrows and surrounding skin had swollen up she went to the doctors and got some medication etc, i phoned her straight back and she said it was starting to look a bit better she said she wasn't complaining and said she would pop in next week to be re-patch tested, when i spoke to the hairdresser she said this had happened to this client before with hair dye ( the same one she has used for a long time) she just took a reaction out of the blue

obviously i am going to re-patch test her i feel so bad about this especially as it was Mothering Sunday at the weekend

Just wanted to know when do you guys re-patch test clients? Do you do it quite often or only when someone has a out of the blue reaction? I have been in my salon for 2 years and this has never happened before and i don't want it to happen again i would rather be over cautious than only patch test once and think that's it done, any feedback would be much appreciated xx

If you don't mind me asking, which products do you use for tinting? If they've changed the formulation I might retest all mine :-/

hi guys i had one of my regulars in on Saturday for her usual wax and eyebrow tint, her daughter in law has just been in this afternoon ( while i was busy with another client) and spoke to the hairdresser and told her she had a reaction over the weekend her eyebrows and surrounding skin had swollen up she went to the doctors and got some medication etc, i phoned her straight back and she said it was starting to look a bit better she said she wasn't complaining and said she would pop in next week to be re-patch tested, when i spoke to the hairdresser she said this had happened to this client before with hair dye ( the same one she has used for a long time) she just took a reaction out of the blue

obviously i am going to re-patch test her i feel so bad about this especially as it was Mothering Sunday at the weekend

Just wanted to know when do you guys re-patch test clients? Do you do it quite often or only when someone has a out of the blue reaction? I have been in my salon for 2 years and this has never happened before and i don't want it to happen again i would rather be over cautious than only patch test once and think that's it done, any feedback would be much appreciated xx

I re patch test every 12 weeks if the client is pregnant l patch test every time b4 the r due to come in hope this helps xx

I would be very careful if i were you, If a client has had a reaction to tint I would not tint them again, ever. re-patch testing is also dodgy , your client has already had a reaction to the tint and your are going to apply something to her that you already know she might have a reaction to. I would at the very least ask your insurance company where they stand on this but I would hazard a guess that once they have reacted , thats that. You are leaving yourself wide open to a lawsuit by continuing to tint her.

thanks everyone for your replies, notsonewgeek i use salon system tint and this particular client i used black,
noreenoconnor thanks for your advice it makes sense its not worth the worry even if i did re-patch test her and she was fine i wouldn't feel comfortable doing the treatment my poor client she's had so much bad luck recently Il just have to pluck her greys instead:) x

When I did HD brow training, they were very insistent in telling us that it's not the actual tint they are reacting to, it's their body that is reacting. Hope that makes sense, I haven't explained it very well. For this reason they get us to patch test each time, just incase their skin decides to react one time. It's a major pain in the bum but I can see why it's important.

If you do decide to patch test, I'd suggest doing it on her arm or wrist. I don't patch test behind the ear anymore, as I was told on training if they are going to react, this area could cause their airways to close ect xx

Latest posts

Back