Client has a nut allergy - alternative to Solar Oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emjen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have recently met a lovely lady who would like shellac for her wedding in September.

The skin around her nails could do with a lot of tlc but due to the allergy she's not keen on using solar oil.

Would dadi oil be a good alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Emily

Thats what ive bought as an alternative if anyone has a nut allergy :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use opi avoplex oil on my client whose husband has severe nut allergies, she had great results with it too, she used to badly bite the skin all round her nails and now they are good as new :)

Kaznal,

Dadi oil was created by Jim Nordstrom who is part of famous names.
He also created solar oil, so it's pretty darn likely to be good.

If you type it in to the search option on SG or in a search engine on the web there is lots of information ☺️

Thanks for the suggestion of avoplex and the other post that dadi is a good alternative :)

I'm thinking of changing to solar oil and retailing it, only problem is my daughter has a peanut allergy, does anyone know what nut is used in solar oil?? It would be ok to use on clients but if had peanut in I wouldn't be able to use myself.

I have for people with nut allergies Nuture oil from nsi

I'm thinking of changing to solar oil and retailing it, only problem is my daughter has a peanut allergy, does anyone know what nut is used in solar oil?? It would be ok to use on clients but if had peanut in I wouldn't be able to use myself.

Solar Oil contains Sweet Almond Oil (not technically a nut but can effect people with nut allergies) I wouldn't use Solar Oil on anyone with any kind of nut allergy but use one of the alternatives suggested ;) I hope this helps. CND have the MSDS sheets (with all the ingredients included) for all their products on the website once you register as a pro you can download them. I hope this helps. Hugs xx

Kankan,

Solar oil's ingredients is sweet almond oil the jojoba oil.

There are no peanuts on the list :)

Thankyou that's great, almonds is fine with my daughter so that's one hurdle jumped! I knew cnd have lists so no idea why I didn't think of that haha so thanks for pointing me in right direction!! Will go check it out.
I do love the salon geek family 😊

Latest posts

Back