Client help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a client that I cut a week ago and since then she has been in 6 times getting bits of weight taken out the back, when I originally cut it she said how lovely the cut is and how iv done such a good job but she sat in the chair for a good 10 minutes pulling each side at the back to check it was even ( it’s a Bob) anyway 6 times she’s been back!! I have done it 3 times and my boss has done it 3 times, each time she’s happy with it she gets the tiniest amount off, it’s a beautiful cut and she’s really draining me just now, she is phoning all the time or messaging the Facebook page or me privately saying how upset she is and that it’s all her fault as she wanted the weight out the back, we warned her every time she has a jumpy hairline and that removing the weight would cause it to jump.... and low and behold it’s jumping slightly, she has admitted she has anxiety with her hair but I’m really struggling on what to do with her, any advice would be really appreciated as I am really away breaking point!!

The only thing that will ‘fix’ it is if she allows the weight to grow back into it.
If it was me I’d tell her you can’t do anymore the weight needs to come back into it.
Your the pro be very matter of fact 6 times is excessive and it’s realistically not gonna fix the issue she is having.
She was advised by 2 professionals yet went against their advice, this is on her not you guys.

I have a client that I cut a week ago and since then she has been in 6 times getting bits of weight taken out the back, when I originally cut it she said how lovely the cut is and how iv done such a good job but she sat in the chair for a good 10 minutes pulling each side at the back to check it was even ( it’s a Bob) anyway 6 times she’s been back!! I have done it 3 times and my boss has done it 3 times, each time she’s happy with it she gets the tiniest amount off, it’s a beautiful cut and she’s really draining me just now, she is phoning all the time or messaging the Facebook page or me privately saying how upset she is and that it’s all her fault as she wanted the weight out the back, we warned her every time she has a jumpy hairline and that removing the weight would cause it to jump.... and low and behold it’s jumping slightly, she has admitted she has anxiety with her hair but I’m really struggling on what to do with her, any advice would be really appreciated as I am really away breaking point!!
Honestly, you need to be done with this.

You did a great job to begin with, which she appreciated. Once she got home she decided it needed adjustments, and that's fine. Now however your client has lost sight of her original plan.

Gently but firmly you and your boss must tell her that she needs to leave her hair alone for a good month. She must live with what she's got so that she can report back to you at her next haircut exactly which bits worked, which didn't and how it grew out.

Don't offer her any discount for the future but do offer her a longer appointment next time so she has time to show you what she's liking about her hair, and what she isn't.
She could may take weekly photos of the back to identify the point it works really well for her.

If she comes back you're prepared, and if she doesn't you haven't lost anything.

she put a great review on our page saying that we were a hidden gem but she’s has been through a lot of hairdressers in the area, and it’s all their fault according to her which now I understand why she has been through so many, she won’t leave it she has to have something done she just won’t take our advice and she expects miracles I think! I was actually in tears this morning as she was on the phone as soon as I got into the salon and my client that was in at the time spent 15 minutes waiting while I pondered on the phone to her, she’s telling me on the phone it will only take you 5 minutes, She is getting married and has booked wedding hair with us but the way she’s being just now we are dreading it, her hair is sitting lovely And my boss who has 35 years experience has also said it’s a beautiful cut, it just seems never ending just now she’s back in tomoro morning, my boss is going to have a look take pictures as proof Incase anything comes back on us and see if there is anything else we can do and she is going to offer her a full refund and say to her that she’s obviously not happy with our services and say she will have to find another hairdresser do you think that sounds ok?

A refund? For a beautiful cut are u mad? That’s like accepting you didn’t do a good job in the first place. Tell her you have done all that she asks but now she is asking too much so suggest she finds someone else who perhaps is more suited to her. [emoji33]

...she was on the phone as soon as I got into the salon and my client that was in at the time spent 15 minutes waiting while I pondered on the phone to her, she’s telling me on the phone it will only take you 5 minutes.

Why didn’t you end the call?
Whilst she’s drivelling on, you say, “I’m sorry but I have a client waiting and I have to go. My manager will speak to you when you next visit. Goodbye.” I don’t really understand why your manager didn’t intervene after 5 mins and take over the phone call.

You should never leave a client waiting 15 mins without exceptional reason.

I also think both you and your manager need to be much more assertive in this situation.
Your manager especially so!

She needs to tell the client that in her professional opinion the haircut has been well executed and that as the client is obviously unhappy with the service, it’s best that she finds a new hair salon. I would be wary of offering a full refund when you’ve done nothing wrong but maybe ‘a partial discount’ as a final goodwill gesture?

Why didn’t you end the call?
Whilst she’s drivelling on, you say, “I’m sorry but I have a client waiting and I have to go. My manager will speak to you when you next visit. Goodbye.” I don’t really understand why your manager didn’t intervene after 5 mins and take over the phone call.

You should never leave a client waiting 15 mins without exceptional reason.

I also think both you and your manager need to be much more assertive in this situation.
Your manager especially so!

She needs to tell the client that in her professional opinion the haircut has been well executed and that as the client is obviously unhappy with the service, it’s best that she finds a new hair salon. I would be wary of offering a full refund when you’ve done nothing wrong but maybe ‘a partial discount’ as a final goodwill gesture?
I was in on my own and she wasn’t for letting me talk, she was in today and explained the situation so she’s away to find someone else thanks for the advice

This is ridiculous.

Don’t have her back for anything else for free.

Respond one time with ‘hi, you will need to call the salon to book an appointment.’

When she calls ask if she would like a cut and blow dry or a restyle. Or whatever. When she says she wants this weird thing she’s been having say ‘you’ve had 6 free snips after each you’ve left happy.I’m afraid we are a business and cannot keep doing this for you. You are welcome back any time but you will need to book and pay for our time.’

She won’t like it but she’s wasting a LOT of your time being silly. Anxiety is real. I have it. But if I wanted my hair cut a certain way, against your advice and I wasn’t keen on it and I was anxious about it, that would not give me any reason to keep begging for more or send you messages about how upset I am. It’s very childish and unacceptable, verging on harassment.

Needy........
You need to tell her you’re done!
To be honest - I’d be happy to let this one go

Latest posts

Back