Client ignored my request not to eat nuts and seeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
I had a clients come to me today for a trial for her special occasion.

They had brought some snacks with them and I said it was ok to eat them as long as it was not in the treatment room and that it was not peanuts nuts or seeds which I'm allergic too.

Low and behold them start munching nuts and seeds in front of me.

The client then started to complain out be breathing heavy (my throat was starting to swell and my chest was getting tight). I told her it was because of the nuts etc and she just laughed it off.

How can I politely turn this woman away, as I don't want to be in a position like this again.

6 hours on and I'am still unwell and my breathing feels restrictive.

I am waiting for another hospital apt as I don't have an epipen yet.

I had a clients come to me today for a trial for her special occasion.

They had brought some snacks with them and I said it was ok to eat them as long as it was not in the treatment room and that it was not peanuts nuts or seeds which I'm allergic too.

Low and behold them start munching nuts and seeds in front of me.

The client then started to complain out be breathing heavy (my throat was starting to swell and my chest was getting tight). I told her it was because of the nuts etc and she just laughed it off.

How can I politely turn this woman away, as I don't want to be in a position like this again.

6 hours on and I'am still unwell and my breathing feels restrictive.

I am waiting for another hospital apt as I don't have an epipen yet.

Why worry about politely turning her away? She wasn't respectful to you whatsoever. This is serious.

I would waste no time in telling her to find somewhere else. You must put yourself first. Xx

Why worry about politely turning her away? She wasn't respectful to you whatsoever. This is serious.

I would waste no time in telling her to find somewhere else. You must put yourself first. Xx

I came to reply to this earlier but couldn't quite find the best way to say it. Blossom is absolutely spot on.

This isn't a crazy request to not wear shoes in your salon for fear of dirtying a carpet or something else superfluous. Anaphylaxis is serious.

Thanks geeks, I was wondering if I was being unreasonable!

I have just over the last month or so started to get allergic reactions to nuts and seeds (in particular peanuts and sesame seeds) and it's quite scary when I get an allergic reaction especially as it lasts so long after my initial contact etc

No being able to breathe properly is very scary.

Dito to the other ladies.
I would just tell her to 'do one' how rude.
I would want to work on her anyway. Who needs clients like that

Thanks geeks, I was wondering if I was being unreasonable!

I have just over the last month or so started to get allergic reactions to nuts and seeds (in particular peanuts and sesame seeds) and it's quite scary when I get an allergic reaction especially as it lasts so long after my initial contact etc

No being able to breathe properly is very scary.

how about something like this in your workplace for the future

Attachments

• nuts.jpg
    nuts.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 469
Can you email my a copy of this sign, so I put in contracts too!

What an absolute t*t. i cant believe some people

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you email my a copy of this sign, so I put in contracts too!

I typed in " no nuts sign " - go on image ... There were lots to choose from you might prefer xx

My daughter is highly allergic to peanuts & so any people don't understand how serious it is. On plane journeys they always announce not to open any nut products due to a young passenger suffering an allergy & there's always one tit who loudly complains! My 6 yr old actually turned round to the last one & said " if you kill my sister with peanuts ill get you put in prison"!!

I would ring them and tell them they are not able to have an appointment unless they follow orders as you are now poorly due to them eating the things you asked them not to. Also attach a link of anaphylaxis reactions

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't believe they ignored something so serious! It's not like you are being fussy. I have a latex allergy, it doesn't cause anaphylaxis but skin irritation and mild swelling on contact. I had a midwife tut and throw a pair of gloves in a sulk when I was in labour when I pointed out my red allergy band. People are ridiculous! I would let your clients know how unwell it has made you and tell them you can no longer treat them. I hope you are feeling better ASAP

My breathing is still bad, but it's getting better. Just resting today

Glad your breathing is improving. I know it's scary stuff and some people are clueless about how serious it can be.

Definitely include it in your contracts so that clients know they'll be in breach of contract if they fail to comply.

A very visible poster sounds good too.

Reactions: LCB
The appointment should have ended when they proceeded to eat the nuts and seeds in front of you despite your requests not to. I would have laid down my tools and said that I was not able or prepared to continue until they were put away.
It's an allergy, it's not like you just told them not to use their phones during the treatment.
Although your reaction this time was within the limits of what you could manage yourself, you don't actually know how you are going to react, so you need to keep yourself safe.
Please don't think that you can't refuse to stop the treatment at any time. Health and safety means your safety also.

Hope you are feeling better today

I would of told her go, but she and her friend were quite rough and loud and not the sort of people I want to pick a fight with.

I know I'm pathetic, but there no way they let me leave without finishing.

I have sent her an email declining any further bookings

I would of told her go, but she and her friend were quite rough and loud and not the sort of people I want to pick a fight with.

I know I'm pathetic, but there no way they let me leave without finishing.

Not pathetic at all, you had your own safety in mind and this was your priority. I'm sorry that you were in that situation that you had to choose. :hug:

The hair and makeup I did was amazing tho and it's a shame this happened as she did like it

Not yet and tbh I don't think she will do. I have worded the email in such a way that it was professional, yet need no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back