Client in hospital after semi perm lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may sound harsh but this is why people should do a full beauty course and not the one day courses, one day courses should be for people who have done a full beauty course. You should always perform patch tests especially when dealing with the eyes. If you wasn`t told to patch test then you should of followed your insurance requirements.

Last edited:
may sound harsh but this is why people should do a full beauty course and not the one day courses, one day courses should be for people who have done a full beauty course. You should always perform patch tests especially when dealing with the eyes. If you wasn`t told to patch test then you should of followed your insurance requirements.

I don't agree with this.

I have only done a 1 day course & wouldn't dream of doing eyelash extensions with out a patch test, & I wasn't taught to patch test on my course either, it's just something i feel safer doing.

Client doesn't want a patch test with me? they go elsewhere for there lashes.

x

Hair colour is supposed to come in contact with skin. So that why a patch test is done when doing highlights a patch test is not needed as it dosent touch skin. And and eye lash tint goes right to the lash line so will touch skin. False Lashes dont go that far down so dont touch skin.

if the op didnt get trained to do a patch test why would she, why would she think to ask insures if the company didnt advise this. Shes probally never evan thought about a patch test untill this happend as no one has mentioned it to her.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

It really doesn't matter if a chemical touches the skin, hair, nail... If its a chemical it could cause a reaction and therefore everyone should be patch tested. That my opinion. And that of my insurer x

I think the best method to patch test for a service such as lash extensions is to actually carry out the treatment on one single lash on the outer corner of each eye 48 hours before (min). Not always ideal if you are mobile but I think considering you are dealing with eyes and a very strong adhesive, this should be done

Hi, it's off topic, sorry, but what about hairdressers and patch tests? Is it true that they don't have to do it?

Hi Everyone, I really hope everything has turned out alright for the OP, terrible worry but invaluable lesson regardless of company chosen or insurance provider.

I don't do lashes but I'm certain I will in the future.
I have a question, may seem very silly but I must ask.

If the lashes are not attached to the skin and the adhesive doesn't come into contact with the skin, what does it attach to??? The other lashes????

P x

I dont wish to sound harsh but i dont agree with this statement at all. One day courses are every bit as good as other courses. I know this to be true as i run them! please dont lay the blame at our door, all my course manuals make detailed comments about patch testing. I dont want to be tarred with this brush.

tigi

Hi, it's off topic, sorry, but what about hairdressers and patch tests? Is it true that they don't have to do it?

Hey there I don't do lashes but I am a hairdresser , we patch test every client 48 hours prior to their appointment and if w client has not been in the last 6 months they must be re patch tested , this is in accordance with wella , the brand we use , and patch testing also applies to ALL hairdressers that provide a chemical service x

Hey there I don't do lashes but I am a hairdresser , we patch test every client 48 hours prior to their appointment and if w client has not been in the last 6 months they must be re patch tested , this is in accordance with wella , the brand we use , and patch testing also applies to ALL hairdressers that provide a chemical service x

do u patch test for foils.x

I know some people are saying patch testing for eyelashes is pointless because there aren't enough lashes to cause a reaction but personally I think doing that us surely better than no patch testing at all? And also saying patch testing isn't necessary because the glue doesn't touch the skin well surely if it was that plain and simple people wouldn't have reactions?

I dont wish to sound harsh but i dont agree with this statement at all. One day courses are every bit as good as other courses. I know this to be true as i run them! please dont lay the blame at our door, all my course manuals make detailed comments about patch testing. I dont want to be tarred with this brush.

tigi

I completely agree, I do 1 and 2 day courses, have indepth teaching about patch testing and do not want to be tarred with the same brush either, what a ridiculous statement to make.

do u patch test for foils.x

Yep , as although it's not " touching the scalp" it is very close , and although i never allow it to happen , colour can bleed , also I may need to tone , so I always always patch test , we have a " skin test book" , as we do occasionally get clients that have pretended to have a patch test , this way , you can check in the book and ensure a test has been carried out x

I think the length of course is not relevant to if a therapist patch tests or not as I know many therapists who have done Nvqs over 1 or 2 years And still choose not to test!

I understand where your coming from regarding not patch testing, as I was trained to not patch test, as they said it was not needed :-/
Although I patch test regardless, just to be safe, and cover myself.

Absolutely 100% agree with you! I think it's disgusting how beauty course TO DO WITH EYES! are taught in a one day course to non qualified professionals.
Of course the one dayers will disagree but that's because they haven't been to college to actually realise how things SHOULD BE taught and actually realise the risks involved.
Oh well I'm glad I did mine the right way! :) x

Absolutely 100% agree with you! I think it's disgusting how beauty course TO DO WITH EYES! are taught in a one day course to non qualified professionals.
Of course the one dayers will disagree but that's because they haven't been to college to actually realise how things SHOULD BE taught and actually realise the risks involved.
Oh well I'm glad I did mine the right way! :) x

What do you mean the right way? Ive done both one day courses and a full level two as well. Certain treatments dont require you to study for months in a college, even if they are to do with eyes. Some one day courses even require you to submit case studies before issuing you with diploma. Its not the quontity its the quality of training days that matter. Some people spend years learning stuff and still cant "get it".

Jurate xx

What do you mean the right way? Ive done both one day courses and a full level two as well. Certain treatments dont require you to study for months in a college, even if they are to do with eyes. Some one day courses even require you to submit case studies before issuing you with diploma. Its not the quontity its the quality of training days that matter. Some people spend years learning stuff and still cant "get it".

Jurate xx

If you read my reply correctly it says to non qualified professionals. So obviously if you have done level 2 then you are a qualified professional.

If you read my reply correctly it says to non qualified professionals. So obviously if you have done level 2 then you are a qualified professional.

(Hope i dont come across rude, as this is not my intent)

... but ...

i dont believe that just because someone has a level of training printed on paper can be called a professional. And even after one or two day course you can still become one as long as you continue to develope and master your skills.

Having level two will mean nothing five years down the line if one doesnt move forward and keeps updating skills and knowledge.

As i said, some people never learn.

Although i am qualified in many things, only a few of those are the ones i would regard myself as properly qualified in and nearly as good to the point where i regard myself as a "professional".

Many things ive done training in i dont even practice, which means im not a pro at those.

Being called a professional is very flattering tho :) xx

Jurate xx

(Hope i dont come across rude, as this is not my intent)

... but ...

i dont believe that just because someone has a level of training printed on paper can be called a professional. And even after one or two day course you can still become one as long as you continue to develope and master your skills.

Having level two will mean nothing five years down the line if one doesnt move forward and keeps updating skills and knowledge.

As i said, some people never learn.

Although i am qualified in many things, only a few of those are the ones i would regard myself as properly qualified in and nearly as good to the point where i regard myself as a "professional".

Many things ive done training in i dont even practice, which means im not a pro at those.

Being called a professional is very flattering tho :) xx

Jurate xx

So can I ask why you spent a whole year at college (presuming you did?) and didn't do one day courses then? Sorry just interested to know.

Latest posts

Back