Client in hospital after semi perm lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update on this OP?

Can I just add something to this which will hopefully clear things up a little.

I have experienced a major reaction to lash extensions (after having them on for months) and I have tried to find out as much info as possible as to what causes the reaction and what can be done to prevent it.

The most likely cause of a reaction will be the main ingredient in ALL lash glues (regardless of brand) Cyanoacrylate.

The reaction is NOT caused by contact with the skin, but is caused by the FUMES from the chemical as it vaporises. This is why I don't see any point in patch testing by applying glue behind the ear/inside of the wrist etc.

The glue needs a certain amount of moisture to properly cure. This is why areas which are moist (eyes, inside of nose, throat etc) are particularly prone to irritation.

It can also cause dry, flaky skin around the eyelid area and this, again, is due to the moisture being drawn from the skin.

I've probably not explained that particularly scientifically, but it will hopefully explain a bit how the glue works, and why a reaction is likely.

5% of people who are regularly exposed the Cyanoacrylate will develop sensitivity in varying degrees resulting in ongoing, flu like symptoms.

There is a lot of misinformation on here about patch testing and a lot of people have come to their own (incorrect) conclusions.

If anyone wants any more in depth info on this there is some great info here
Cyanoacrylate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back