client incentives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
after Cogsi's great thread on 'how many client's re-book' I got to thinking about new ways to get the stubborn clients to come back, but also how to get new clients too.

1. does anyone offer a reduced rate for OAP's? Was thinking of doing this but didn't know how to word it.

2. was thinking of giving clients who come to me on a gift voucher, another gift voucher with say £5 towards your next treatment at the end of the treatment. Thought I was try this out for Mothers Day and if it works well, do it for a longer period.

3. I wanted to do something for the hairdressers that take my bookings for me, as a thank you and incentive for them to keep plugging away at getting me appointments/doing a good job at promoting me. Any suggestions?

4. Thinking of asking the hairdresser clients if they would fill in a questionnaire for me, asking about which treatments they would be more likely to try, possible introduction to new services, etc, and giving them a voucher as a thank you. What do you think of that?

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated, as always

after Cogsi's great thread on 'how many client's re-book' I got to thinking about new ways to get the stubborn clients to come back, but also how to get new .

1. does anyone offer a reduced rate for OAP's? Was thinking of doing this but didn't know how to word it. No I don't but on my next flier I'm thinking of adding..I'll peg out your washing, make you a sandwich, ring your daughter and let her know how you are getting on and pick up a bit of shopping for you on my way. I do all this and am paid amply but sometimes think that going into home care would be good for me too.:)
2. was thinking of giving clients who come to me on a gift voucher, another gift voucher with say £5 towards your next treatment at the end of the treatment. Thought I was try this out for Mothers Day and if it works well, do it for a longer period. Yes thats a great idea hun. Give them out now well in advance. A reduction on something like a pedicure is always good at this time of year in preparation for the summer.

3. I wanted to do something for the hairdressers that take my bookings for me, as a thank you and incentive for them to keep plugging away at getting me appointments/doing a good job at promoting me. Any suggestions?
Yes. Get a set of nails on them at all times as they are your best ad.

4. Thinking of asking the hairdresser clients if they would fill in a questionnaire for me, asking about which treatments they would be more likely to try, possible introduction to new services, etc, and giving them a voucher as a thank you. What do you think of that?
Maybe. While they are having a hair treatment how about giving a hand and lower arm massage FOC just to get to know you a little?

btw I love my oldies but I do tend to give them 150% at times lol

thanks Judy!

I don't do nails unfortunately, so can't do that as a thankyou, nevermind.

also, absolutely NO room in the hairdressers for me to do any form of massage, the place is always busy and theres not enough room to swing a cat!

after Cogsi's great thread on 'how many client's re-book' I got to thinking about new ways to get the stubborn clients to come back, but also how to get new clients too.

1. does anyone offer a reduced rate for OAP's? Was thinking of doing this but didn't know how to word it.
I would choose my quietest day or days, OAP special book a treatment on Wednesdays and receive ??% off your treatment.
i don't do this but i have just put up a few of my prices and one of my regular oap`s that comes for pedicures, i have explained that i will not charge her the increased price as she is a pensioner and i would not feel right charging her extra, she was over the moon bless, i never paint her toe nails so I'm not losing out really.
2. was thinking of giving clients who come to me on a gift voucher, another gift voucher with say £5 towards your next treatment at the end of the treatment. Thought I was try this out for Mothers Day and if it works well, do it for a longer period.
If i did this i would have written on the voucher £5.00 off next booking when your treatment value is over £??.??
Big box of chocolates to share or nice box of biscuits
good idea

Hope this helps you hun

thanks Louise,
great comments.

1. does anyone offer a reduced rate for OAP's? Was thinking of doing this but didn't know how to word it. I do 15 % off all treatments on Monday 10-4 for over-50s. Mondays is my quiet day and I'd rather be doing reduced rate treatments than none at all!

2. was thinking of giving clients who come to me on a gift voucher, another gift voucher with say £5 towards your next treatment at the end of the treatment. Thought I was try this out for Mothers Day and if it works well, do it for a longer period. Excellent idea, I may nick that one, lol!

3. I wanted to do something for the hairdressers that take my bookings for me, as a thank you and incentive for them to keep plugging away at getting me appointments/doing a good job at promoting me. Any suggestions? Free 10 minute neck/shoulder massage, maybe in their lunch break.

4. Thinking of asking the hairdresser clients if they would fill in a questionnaire for me, asking about which treatments they would be more likely to try, possible introduction to new services, etc, and giving them a voucher as a thank you. What do you think of that? Again, excellent idea, it'll give you new ideas to play with, and make them interested in your business.

Hope that helps.

Forget a discount for the OAP's Hippy Chick.............they'll never get up those bloody stairs LOL.

I wouldn't give too much away as you'll resent it and my experience is that clients who look for bargains are not the most loyal. When Nails R Us have a special on, they'll be off down the road quicker than you can say Onycholysis.

Are you doing any special packages for Valentines? Your salon is beautiful so it'd be a lovely gift. xxx

thanks Judy!

I don't do nails unfortunately, so can't do that as a thankyou, nevermind.

also, absolutely NO room in the hairdressers for me to do any form of massage, the place is always busy and theres not enough room to swing a cat!

Argh sorry mate..still think of nails first and foremost!!
As for the massage...no need for much room with a hand and arm massage?
Squeeze yourself between the chairs and let them see for themselves how good you are and how easy they can get on with you and ask questions.
x
As for the staff...EDUCATE them in everything you do but pay them with treatments so they can shout about you from the rooftops.
You gotta speculate to accumulate x

Yes, I have special offers for Feb/Valentines and March/Mothers Day.

I have to agree with the 'resentment' side of it. I actually do resent giving away treatments and reduced rate treatments as they get the exact treatment that everyone else does.

but speculate to accumulate is what I am working on!

I'm still only a new business, but my incentives are these:

Every client gets a recommend a friend voucher. I put a client ref of the back of it, and they can give that to a friend to redeem against any treatment for 10% off, and the client who gave them the voucher gets a free nail enamel for recommending them. This is only to get some appointments in my book to start with, it would be a bit too costly to do as an ongoing thing.

I'm going to check through my client record cards every week, and those with a birthday coming up will get a birthday card with a voucher for 10% off their next visit (excluding retail products).

I'm thinking of offering an OAP discount on natural nail treatments on a Tuesday, as I think that will be my quietest day, I'm waiting to see how that goes before I commit.

What about 'reccomend a friend' so that they bring their friend and both recieve an incentive - they can both recieve £5 off.

Btw in the next few months I want to start treating myself to a massage - regularly. So will be in touch at some point. ( I keep saying this)

Do you do home visits?

Sorry pazzy,
with paying rent on 2 rooms, I really don't want to then do home visits.
Youve got a choice of Pittington or Chester-le-street, hope one of them is suitable for you.

You could put something like 'your never too old to be pampered'

I have been giving people who come to the salon 10% off there next appointment. I think next month i will give them a vouchers sayin with their next appointment they will get a free mini solar oil.

You could do a points thing with them, once they have booked 10+ appointments (each) they will get a free/reduced treatment

Thats a really good idea

xxx

Sorry pazzy,
with paying rent on 2 rooms, I really don't want to then do home visits.
Youve got a choice of Pittington or Chester-le-street, hope one of them is suitable for you.

thats fine I was just interested to see if you do - I have a client who loves massage - but I hate doing them (too much silence for me lol) and where you are is probably a bit too far out - however I will reccomend you to her. But yeah Im going to put something in me diary to contact you.

I'm sure it makes a difference where you are based but I'm telling you, the oaps round here are loaded! They are the ones that can afford to pay full price. Here it's the mums who don't work who only have their hubby's money to spend that need to be incentivised :)

With regards to the hairdressers taking your appointments - I am in the same postion.
For Christmas I gave them all a voucher for a luxury facial (including the salon owner)............... the owner is having her facial tomorrow and I know that for the following couple of weeks she will tell all her clients how relaxing and pampering the treatment was. (She still raves on about the pedicures she has from me - and several of her client have booked with me).

Once the other hairdressers have their facials I'm hoping they will tell their clients as well.

Very little cost to me............but the potential of new clients - I love it!!!

thanks claire.

I think I would like to do that too. I've wanted to thank them for promoting me since I've been there 3 months. Before I opened the doors to clients, I gave each HD a free treatment so that they got a gist of what I did, but think they could be due a new treat/incentive.

how did you give it to them, thats where I struggle, don't want to feel embarrassed or make them feel embarrassed.

Hi There

I'm new to the site and am just browsing around to get familiar with it all - i just read your post about OAP incentives. In Australia our OAP's are referred to as Seniors and we have signs up around the shop offering 10% discount to all Seniors. It works well for us and our customers love the special treatment. They can't wait to show us their seniors card and they tell all their friends.

Good luck

Jenny H

Latest posts

Back