Client issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Hi

I had a client in yesterday who last came to me in January. Since then she has been to another hairdresser who converted her from foil highlights to balayage. Long story short i took the balayage up higher and she left happy. She then messaged me at 10.30pm saying she felt that the blonde was too chunky and asked wether it should look like that. I simply messaged her back asking to pop in on weds (tomorrow) and i could see what i could do for her. She then messaged me back saying shes back in london today and she will have to get it sorted somewhere else.

How should i respond to this? Do i just ignore it? Should i offer a refund?

So how should i reply? Or should i reply at all?

Any client that texts late at night to complain about their hair, I’d ignore until the next day and then reply asking them to call in when convenient.
I would NEVER immediately respond to a client texting after work hours. You’re not an emergency service, for goodness sake.

She sent it via whatsapp as well so she will know when ive read it. So you think i should just ignore it? I also do her mums hair and im sure she will have something to say about it

So what if she does? You’ve already offered to look at it for her.
Definitely don’t refund as you know she was perfectly happy when she left you.

I agree that we shouldn’t respond after hours but then it leaves you dwelling on it at times too and probably loose some sleep worrying. I personally don’t understand why they don’t say at the time, i know theres always the whole “seeing it in a different light when you get home” and “my friend said that it looks like this” and i personally don’t care about their rubbish lighting in their toilet or what their friend thinks about it but you have offered to look at it. I had something similar recently and offered repeatedly for them to come back to have it looked at which they didnt then went elsewhere to have it redone. I think sometimes its a positive thing because it means they are now someone else’s problem so if there is an issue try to look on the bright side. I would maybe reply again just saying that if they want to come back in to have it looked at its no problem at all so just to call when you re-open to arrange this at their soonest convenience and sooner rather than later so you can get to the bottom of it but don’t put too much thought into just take it as it comes

I agree that we shouldn’t respond after hours but then it leaves you dwelling on it at times too and probably loose some sleep worrying.

Nope, I never dwell over moaning clients or lose sleep worrying about their grumbles.
Honestly, just keep it polite and professional and stay DETACHED.

I wouldn't reply after working hours and no refund x

I've now recieved a whatsapp saying that she had to get it 'corrected' in london. Cost her £150 and she demands i give her a refund. She sent me a picture of her hair when she got home after seeing me (attached below). It definitely wasnt 'chunky' when she left my chair and she was happy with the result. How should i reply and legally where do i stand on this?

IMG-20190819-WA0000.jpeg

Relax. You offered her a solution involving her coming back to the salon so you could discuss her concerns. Regardless of her reasons, she chose not to accept your offer. Any obligation you felt you owed her, ended at that moment.

Even if you did the worst ever chunkiest highlights in the world, she has no grounds to sue you because you can’t sue a hairdresser just because you didn’t like the highlights they gave you.

There are only limited grounds for suing and ‘not meeting a client’s unrealistic expectations’, isn’t one of them.

In your shoes, I’d send a very short formal reply along the lines that she left your salon happy with your work and since she rejected your offer to review the colour and went elsewhere, there’s nothing more you can do for her. Best wishes etc..
Then block her.
Do Not get into any further discussions with her.

Anyone that texts their hairdresser late at night moaning about their hair is always going to be trouble. :rolleyes:

If it helps, imagine what Judge Rinder would say to her if she was complaining to him about how her highlights are too chunky and yes of course why shouldn’t she have texted you at 10.30pm at night to complain... :cool: :p

Thanks for your response. I have a feeling her mum may decide to come in and give me an earful whilst im at the salon [emoji17] i think it may be worth blocking the both of them?

Ive sent her a message along the lines of what you said. Blocked her and her mother. Fingers crossed thats it now.

Just an update here. Her mother messaged me today (forgot to block in whatsapp) 4 months later!! Explaining that she wont be back to me im very unprofessional, rude and i performed 'very bad work'. Also that i should've offered compensation and shes appalled that her daughter had to spend £150 to have it corrected. At most she would've only needed a couple of foils of her natural colour to break up a chunky piece of blonde at the front. I think whoever 'corrected' this saw her coming and ripped her off quite frankly.

Just an update here. Her mother messaged me today (forgot to block in whatsapp) 4 months later!! Explaining that she wont be back to me im very unprofessional, rude and i performed 'very bad work'. Also that i should've offered compensation and shes appalled that her daughter had to spend £150 to have it corrected. At most she would've only needed a couple of foils of her natural colour to break up a chunky piece of blonde at the front. I think whoever 'corrected' this saw her coming and ripped her off quite frankly.

The mum is probably over exaggerating as well, there’s nothing you can do about it now, you offered to look at it and she said no so just ignore again

She sounds like she is at it and wanted a freebie. Don’t be disheartened by people like this as we have all had them x

Latest posts

Back