Client issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethWood

Reaction score
Hi, this is a really long post. I decided to go mobile a while ago so I am now my own business. It’s very successful and I’m pleased.

I did a girls extensions Saturday and she absolutely loved them. Whilst I was there she was asking me how I fit them and what each tool was for.. at the time I thought nothing of it and just thought she was generally interested. She also told me the last time she had them done they ‘all fell out’ and she messaged the girl and she blocked her apparently. She also asked if she could keep her spare hair as she bought a box for it? And originally i said no I will keep it and she was getting snotty so I said she could keep her hair.. and the beads you attach them with she picked up and said I will keep these too... I said no again and she said ‘why so you can use them on someone else’ which I replied and said no I told you I keep your stuff...

Then she went on to say if she took them somewhere else would they fit them and I said yeh I guess?..

So.. She’s text me Sunday (the day after I fitted) and told me 8+ have fallen out.. To which I replied losing some is normal and she shouldn’t lose many more if not any..

Then text me Monday, saying she has lost a further 10 and how embarrassing it was at work. I gave her an appointment for tomorrow (8th Feb) as that’s all I had this week and she agreed. She text me yesterday saying she recommended her friend to me and she’s only lost one since.
She has just text again saying ‘just so you are aware I’ve lost another 10’

I have never in the 3 years I’ve been qualified had anyone’s extensions ‘fall out’. I know my placement is fine and the rings are clamped tight enough as I do atleast 1 new set every 2 weeks.

I have given her aftercare advice and a sheet with all info on.. I dunno if she’s just trying to play me?

Someone help please x

All the signs are there that she is a problem client for sure! I wonder why the other tech blocked her?? All u can do is remain professional and see what the hair is like when she comes in. Replace those that have fallen out and give all the others a good clamp and go through aftercare again. That’s all u can do for now. X

All the signs are there that she is a problem client for sure! I wonder why the other tech blocked her?? All u can do is remain professional and see what the hair is like when she comes in. Replace those that have fallen out and give all the others a good clamp and go through aftercare again. That’s all u can do for now. X

Thanks, I’m pulling my hair out over this. I just think it’s weird the the tech blocked her. And I also find it weird she’s messages at 10/11pm to tell me more have fallen out. I’ll do that thanks x

She is definitely trying it on. Next think she will ask for refund. I bet she will cancel the appointment as well. We all had clients like this x

How did it go? Sounds a nightmare?x

How did it go? Sounds a nightmare?x

So I went to the appointment yesterday and she was fine, was a little snotty but I just got on with my job and continued to be professional. She didn’t sit well for me I think she was trying to make it difficult but I just ignored it. I haven’t had a message off her so I’m hopeful that she won’t. X

She sounds like a bit of a nightmare to me. The warning signs came when her previous tech blocked her. Some people can be really funny and try anything on. Don’t let it get you down, we’ve all had these types of clients. Xx

Maybe next time she wants an appointment, you need to be too busy to see her for months!

Latest posts

Back