Client just sent this picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
Hi, my client had her nails done on the 9th December and has taken them off (no doubt pulled them off) today.

She's not complaining, just concerned, does anyone know why the nail would be like this?

I have suggested trauma if she's previously bashed it but want to be sure.

Edited to add - she's a hairdresser if that makes any difference :)

Attachments

• 1451765690190.jpg
    1451765690190.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 546
Hi I would say they have been removed incorrectly and has resulted in her damaging her nails it will grow out but in future I would suggest that she goes them removed in the right way,, but as we know as nail techs what some of our clients do then call us as if our problem but that is purely damage that a nail enhancement couldn't cause unless being pulled off or caught

I wonder if the discoloured part of the nail is separated from the free edge. As if she's pulled the top layer off with the enhancement but it hasn't fully detached?

I wonder if the discoloured part of the nail is separated from the free edge. As if she's pulled the top layer off with the enhancement but it hasn't fully detached?
Yes, it's pulled away from the free edge.

She has been quite tough on her nails in the past, always prising them off and re-applying, never soaking.

She's had a break for about a year, had this set and prised them off again and is baffled by the fact it's damaged and never was in the past.

She really wasn't complaining that it was me but baffled that it hasn't happened previously and wondered if it was infected.

I have a customer who came to me with nails like this. She gets hairs poking into the nail bed which causes the same to her nails, she is also a hairdresser x

This happens me on at least one nail when I have gel nails on for a while. I always end up forgetting I have long nails and bang the ends off things which results in them separating but they do go back to normal :)

I personally did this to one of my nails when I hit my finger hard. The enhancement popped off and the free edge separated and I had a weird shaped hole that took months to grow out.

Hi, my client had her nails done on the 9th December and has taken them off (no doubt pulled them off) today.

She's not complaining, just concerned, does anyone know why the nail would be like this?

I have suggested trauma if she's previously bashed it but want to be sure.

Edited to add - she's a hairdresser if that makes any difference :)
Looks like the nail has gone through some sort of trauma and it has cause it to lift of the nail be. It's not permanent and will grow, it's best to keep them short at the free edge while the unattached nail plate grows out.

Definitely looks like nail trauma caused by incorrect removal x

She's been to the doctor who suggested trauma or fungal nail, I still go with trauma.

... Yes I'd go with trauma! If you look closely at the nail it's red near the free edge, which would suggest pulling tips/product off. Also to the left of the nail there are white flecks on the nail plate suggesting more damage. Ask her if she would bleach/colour her hair continuously & never condition it!? It's the same principle, poor care & maintenance results in poor condition of the nails!!! When will they learn! [emoji6][emoji51]

Definitely trauma and fungal would be cottage cheese consistency & damp!

If you pull or bite a tip off and it's stuck hard, she probably had to pry it with force, the while patch indicates separation of the nail plate from the nail bed.

It will grow out but I suggest keeping them short until it does.

Latest posts

Back