Client keeps sticking gel nail back on with glue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojjo_hair_nails

Reaction score
Okay so I have one particular client who is heavy enough on her hands...

She doesn't come back for a refill for 5 weeks....tried and tried to get her to come back at a the latest 4.

So her index finger on her left hand (Shes left handed) for some reason always comes off whatever she is doing...put she constantly glues it back on with glue....

She says it doesn't come off till around the 3 and a half weeks.

So the nail is glued back on for a week and a half.

Now she has come with a hint of green off her nail each time...

Sick of asking her to pop I to me when it comes off that I will replace it which will take 5 mins. It's not any type of Infection but I don't like working on nails that look like this and o am just afraid something could arise from it.

Can anyone help and tell me what you would do in This situation?

Thanks in advance

Do you charge extra for refill over a certain time limit?
I have different prices for an infill and a rebalance and if it's over my set timings I charge the cost of a new set.

I don't atm to be honest....i was renting a space in a hair salon up until about 3 months ago and am just about to open my own hair/beauty salon so I have been working from home the past 3 months...

I will have to put a sign up particularly for this lady because it's just a joke now...she has quick bail growth also so it's not just your normal refill.

Thinking of just stating that if there is a loss within the 3 weeks that wasn't caused by customer then I will replace free of charge and anythung after this time will be charged.

I rarely ever have any clients with any nails missing as most are good and come back as soon as they start growing out 3 to 4 weeks.

Would have the odd client that will through there own fault break one and pop back in for a fix...i don't normally charge as I have quite good clients( majority lol).

I have even tried to scare her and told her that if she keeps doing it it will cause an infection and that she won't be able to wear a gel on that nail...so annoying

Worry I meant loss between the 3 to 4 weeks

By the five week mark, that rebalance, once shortened and tidied up essentially becomes the same work for you as a new set! I would absolutely be charging extra or the price of a new set if she goes over the 4 week mark, as you recommended.
Also, by gluing the nail back on, SHE is causing that greenie bacteria as the air can no longer hit the exposed nail.
Try to get her to re-book before she leaves next time at a suitable time frame.

We charge accordingly for 2/3 week infills. Anything 4 weeks and over is the price of a full set.

By the five week mark, that rebalance, once shortened and tidied up essentially becomes the same work for you as a new set! I would absolutely be charging extra or the price of a new set if she goes over the 4 week mark, as you recommended.
Also, by gluing the nail back on, SHE is causing that greenie bacteria as the air can no longer hit the exposed nail.
Try to get her to re-book before she leaves next time at a suitable time frame.
Constantly telling her that she is causing it and I've even on one or 2 occasions bein a but abrupt with her saying if it continues Il not be able to put a gel on over it. She just doesn't listen.

Have tried the rebook thing and she will book before she leaves but then text the week before and ask can she move it to the following weekend...and I'm not being smart or anythung but it's not due to lack of money as she would be well off. She just really tries get the longest she can out of them....she says to me these are the best nails I've ever had done I only used to get 3 weeks out of the ones she got before (previous tec) but I even say well really you should only be getting the 4 weeks out of them. No joke it takes me longer to do her refill than to do a full set of super long French ombre! If I charged by time I can guarantee she would be back within 3 to 4 weeks.

So stressful.

We charge accordingly for 2/3 week infills. Anything 4 weeks and over is the price of a full set.
Defiantly think I. Going to put up a sign about that in the salon that anythung over 4 weeks is charged at a full set. Might make my life easier lol I'm to soft you see.

Constantly telling her that she is causing it and I've even on one or 2 occasions bein a but abrupt with her saying if it continues Il not be able to put a gel on over it. She just doesn't listen.

Have tried the rebook thing and she will book before she leaves but then text the week before and ask can she move it to the following weekend...and I'm not being smart or anythung but it's not due to lack of money as she would be well off. She just really tries get the longest she can out of them....she says to me these are the best nails I've ever had done I only used to get 3 weeks out of the ones she got before (previous tec) but I even say well really you should only be getting the 4 weeks out of them. No joke it takes me longer to do her refill than to do a full set of super long French ombre! If I charged by time I can guarantee she would be back within 3 to 4 weeks.

So stressful.
It's simple...if it's taking you that long then charge her accordingly. Tell her at her next appointment.

That's what I'm goin to have to do....im not bein horrible but she's just a problem client lol....i really like her and get on great with her but...from the min she sits down....nothing goes right....chooses a colour then waits till it's on 4 fingers to day actually I'm not sure and will change to another....got me to do nail art another day and literally had done both ring fingers with the design she asked and then said oh no maybe Il just get glitter on them both......DISASTER and this was because I had advised her to do the design in grey and she insisted on black (was going on cake pop in shellac) and said oh no I don't like the black. How do u deal...then I file down the first say 2 nails and ask her to have a look length wise....and she will say yea that's fine and then when both hands are done she will be like oh actually maybe a tad shorter...come on like ha

That's what I'm goin to have to do....im not bein horrible but she's just a problem client lol....i really like her and get on great with her but...from the min she sits down....nothing goes right....chooses a colour then waits till it's on 4 fingers to day actually I'm not sure and will change to another....got me to do nail art another day and literally had done both ring fingers with the design she asked and then said oh no maybe Il just get glitter on them both......DISASTER and this was because I had advised her to do the design in grey and she insisted on black (was going on cake pop in shellac) and said oh no I don't like the black. How do u deal...then I file down the first say 2 nails and ask her to have a look length wise....and she will say yea that's fine and then when both hands are done she will be like oh actually maybe a tad shorter...come on like ha
It's not being horrible JoJo it's business. If she texts in regards to adding another week, Simply say "sure... just as long as you are aware that it will be the cost of a full set!!! I simply can't spend the time it takes me for a 4 week rebalance and charge for a two week rebalance appointment. I know you'll appreciate this as you're the one sat in the chair for that extra time!!! "

Boom. You gave been to the point, polite and hot your point across all in one!!!!

It's not being horrible JoJo it's business. If she texts in regards to adding another week, Simply say "sure... just as long as you are aware that it will be the cost of a full set!!! I simply can't spend the time it takes me for a 4 week rebalance and charge for a two week rebalance appointment. I know you'll appreciate this as you're the one sat in the chair for that extra time!!! "

Boom. You gave been to the point, polite and hot your point across all in one!!!!
I'm just so bad I'd find it hard to say that lol I just may grow a set and say something her next appointment...and I suppose I can use the fact that I'm in my own salon now and not at home to say that I have more clients booked in straight after so I can't run over time and if I'm penicilling her in for extra time I will have to charge more. I'm just on a rant about her. Because all my other clients are literally so easy to deal with it bugs me when this happens lol.

If I were you I would charge the same as a full set. It's what I do. After they hit the 4 week mark is when I start to charge the same as a full set.

If I were you I would charge the same as a full set. It's what I do. After they hit the 4 week mark is when I start to charge the same as a full set.
That's what I have decided to do...im goin to but a little frame on my desk with it wrote so she can see it front he min she sits down lol. So much work because have to take the glues on ones off and that's a pain and then have to refill them but literally by the time I'm ready to put the gel on its only the tip that's left....im biting the bullet now and I'm goin to stick to my guns ha

Latest posts

Back